CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Vandal caught on video keying a Hummer

Fascinating what people will do.

Apparently this Hummer has multiple security cameras setup that are tied to the security system.

When the system detects motion nearby, the cameras record activity out both sides of the vehicle and the back.

Some Knob walks up and keys the Hummer, and the vandalism is caught on video.

Police wish to identify and converse with the Vandal.

Dallas Morning News Crime Blog article.

Video site:

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/index.html...83316&shu=1

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Fascinating what people will do.

Apparently this Hummer has multiple security cameras setup that are tied to the security system.

When the system detects motion nearby, the cameras record activity out both sides of the vehicle and the back.

Some Knob walks up and keys the Hummer, and the vandalism is caught on video.

Police wish to identify and converse with the Vandal.

Dallas Morning News Crime Blog article.

Video site:

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/index.html...83316&shu=1

It's a strange feeling to see someone actually do that but I'm not surprised it's an old fart doing it. Where I live lots of cars get damaged all the time and everyone says "oh, it's just kids". I never believe that it's kids doing it. While kids can feel insecure it's rare to find a kid who is jealous enough to want to key job a car, or, has a politically environmental agenda that they would want to key job a car because it's a polluter. These things aren't on a kid's mind. Kids love cars and if anything they steal them for a joy ride, not key job them. It's probably some environmental extremist nut job key jobbing the hummer as a political statement. I hope the cops find him and haul him off to a shrink.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

That's disgusting! And notice this chump isn't some black or Hispanic punk like many might suspect. He's an old white guy. Just goes to show there are all kinds to thugs and punks out there.

That's disgusting! And notice this chump isn't some black or Hispanic punk like many might suspect. He's an old white guy. Just goes to show there are all kinds to thugs and punks out there.

When they find him they should carve an "X" into his forehead. But think about this, the old bat key jobs the car in a school parking lot. If the kid didn't have a video surveillance system, he probably would have thought one of his classmates did it, but, another possibility is that the old fart is the father of a classmate??? The possibilities are there.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

They caught him.

The article in the local news said he was having financial trouble.

I assume he was jealous of other people that were (or at least appeared to be) doing ok.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/southlake.hummer....g.2.821797.html

That still, IN NO WAY, excuses what he did.

He needs to be prosecuted for vandalism. AT LEAST.

I would be LIVID if something like that happened to my DTS.

Posted Image

Bad link, unfortunately. This one doesn't actually have the ellipsis:

I say prosecute, compensate, mandatory counseling, and extended probation. I'm looking at a key mark on my Cadillac that will be addressed at the next detailing. It doesn't go all the way through the clear coat. This James Jeppe guy must have gone clear to the metal and creased it to do $4K damage to the Hummer.

Why pick on Hummers? Yeah, they get the worst gas mileage out there for commonly seen daily drivers, but how many miles a year does anyone drive a Hummer? Get all the numbers, and you just might find that the average Toyata Corolla has a worse carbon footprint. Any daily driver Ford Expedition certainly will have a comparable carbon footprint. I think that buying gas for $75 twice a week is punishment enough for anyone who puts any miles at all on a gas hog.

Sometime around 1975 when I was driving a 427 cid Chevrolet 9-passenger station wagon, I had some kid I didn't know go off on me at work one day, saying loudly in the office that my car shouldn't be allowed on the road because it got 5 mpg. Excuse me? It got 18 average, 20 highway, which was likely better than whatever the heck that kid drove. I stared at him in wonderment, like a mule that had just passed gas, and moved on without replying. I'm not sure that I ever saw him again.

I've had people make noises about my Cadillac being a gas hog, too, but it's EPA is within a MPG or so of just about any of the mid-range daily drivers out there. How does it do it, 3800 lb with a 300 hp V8? It's a Cadillac.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Just goes to show you that sometimes vandalism is just RANDOM by people you might otherwise never suspect.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa...l.8c97c7c4.html

Apparently the guy is an "eco-terrorist", there are a cluster of attacks with the same pattern of vandalism on Hummers throughout the area.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa...l.8c97c7c4.html

Apparently the guy is an "eco-terrorist", there are a cluster of attacks with the same pattern of vandalism on Hummers throughout the area.

He needs to spend some time in JAIL.and pay some SERIOUS fines.

If you get in his BACK POCKET deep enough, it will change his attitude :D or at the very least..it will change his behavior. :D

Just because HE don't like Hummers, is no justification for damaging them.

I don't like them for myself either... not because they are gas guzzlers... I just don't need one. :D:D

But I don't care if YOU have a dozen of them.

Posted Image

<a href="http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa...l.8c97c7c4.html" target="_blank">http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa...l.8c97c7c4.html</a>

Maximum jail time and maximum fine. No excuses!! That was an utterly malicious act and shouldn't be excused one bit.

If you get in his BACK POCKET deep enough, it will change his attitude :D or at the very least..it will change his behavior. :D

Possibly, but I doubt it will change the behavior of his fellow travelers, except in the regard they might become more aware of surveillance cameras. Terrorists are elitists in that they believe their thought processes and objectives are so vastly superior to yours that nearly any action on their part, however illegal, is justified. This guy, after restitution, deserves a year in the same motel room as Sandra Bernhardt.

Just the same, I'd be interested in the technical details of the surveillance system; I was keyed Sep. 8th.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived