CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A/C Line

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member, and i love reading the post on this board. I have a 94STS. Can anyone tell me where i can get the A/C line that is connected to the front of the accumulator? i believe it runs down to the condenser. My metal line got a hole in it from rubbing against the top bolt connecting to the torque mount on top of the engine. I went to the dealer but they want $180. That's a little steep price wise. If anyone knows where i can get one cheaper i would greatly appreciate it. also would you know a part number

Rock Auto has it for $101. They give the part number 1530272 (#03542340). I don't know what the second number is, but it does look like an older superseded part number. Here's a link to RockAuto's picture of it:

Note that it goes from the compressor to the condenser, and it includes the accumulator in the middle. That's why it is so expensive, but it isn't $180. You will need someone with a vacuum pump with Freon recovery and a Freon license to replace it; I suggest an air conditioning shop.

You might ask the dealer what the warranty is if they fix it. Sometimes the extra dealer price is for an extended warranty that is worth it, but they sometimes do a more expensive repair to support that warranty. Your call, of course. I paid the dealer big bucks for a compressor once, and they replaced it free four years later when the clutch started slipping.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Rock Auto has it for $101. They give the part number 1530272 (#03542340). I don't know what the second number is, but it does look like an older superseded part number. Here's a link to RockAuto's picture of it:

</a>

Note that it goes from the compressor to the condenser, and it includes the accumulator in the middle. That's why it is so expensive, but it isn't $180. You will need someone with a vacuum pump with Freon recovery and a Freon license to replace it; I suggest an air conditioning shop.

You might ask the dealer what the warranty is if they fix it. Sometimes the extra dealer price is for an extended warranty that is worth it, but they sometimes do a more expensive repair to support that warranty. Your call, of course. I paid the dealer big bucks for a compressor once, and they replaced it free four years later when the clutch started slipping.

I've done this job on a 95... it sucked. The bolt that holds the line to the back of the compressor is ALMOST immpossible to get to. I had to use the right combination of extensions and a swivel to get it loose, 1/8 turn at a time. If you had a lift, this wouldn't be as bad. If you don't, good luck, you'll need it.

James

1999 STS 65k

1995 STS 127k

Why didn't you loosen the compressor and swivel it out a little so that you could get a ratcheting hex wrench on it?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I've ordered from Rock Auto before. They have good prices and good customer service. If you decide to go with them I have a 5% off discount code you can use, click the link below this message in my signature.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Hey Everyone,

Thanks so much for your help. I moved here to Columbia, SC from Long Island, NY, and the heat here during the summer months average in the tripple digits. There is no way i can deal with that without A/C. This will also be a test for the Caddy, b/c it never experenced temperatures like this in NY

I would try a junkyard as a source for the ruptured A/C line. That would be much cheaper than buying a new one. An alternative would be to remove the line and take it to a welder and have it heiliarced. Then replace the o-rings and reinstall it.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived