CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Caddy...well to me it is

Astrak

Just picked it up today, a white 98 SLS fully loaded Bose radio, memory seats and all it's nice. It's kinda wierd though somewhere down the line someone installed a sunroof from ASC I assume but hey it works nice. It does have some problems though and at 70000 I would expect it to. For one the center mounted brake light is out and so is the passenger side taillight and brake light so right now I have to fix that to get passed safety inspection. Also the lumbar switches are broke off on both seats and on the passenger seat the recline button is broken off does anyone know where to get that stuff from? Besides that it's in pretty good condition and it runs great. Where would I go to get the center brake light fixed or where do I get the bulbs for it?

There is a Member named Logan that can help with the 3rd brake light but if it doesnt work at all I'd suspect something is unpluged (40 led's all burned out at once?) As for the switches, boneyard or Rockauto, gmparts direct. Who owed it before you, a Gorilla? :huh:

Joe

Welcome Back Astrak, it didn't take you long to replace the Eldo, Congratulations and Good Luck with the new car, it sounds nice, Mike

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Thanks everybody, I love the N* it's nice with plenty of power. Although I still like the sound and the low end torque the 4.9 had the N* is definitely more fun. Now I just have to figure out the stupid brake light thing and the switches for the seats and it should be in great condition.

Just picked it up today, a white 98 SLS fully loaded Bose radio, memory seats and all it's nice. It's kinda wierd though somewhere down the line someone installed a sunroof from ASC I assume but hey it works nice. It does have some problems though and at 70000 I would expect it to. For one the center mounted brake light is out and so is the passenger side taillight and brake light so right now I have to fix that to get passed safety inspection. Also the lumbar switches are broke off on both seats and on the passenger seat the recline button is broken off does anyone know where to get that stuff from? Besides that it's in pretty good condition and it runs great. Where would I go to get the center brake light fixed or where do I get the bulbs for it?

aaahhhhhhhh!.......a new ride, perfect way to start the summer!........................congrats!!...........red

I have a 98 SLS also and had similar problems. With the LED stop light I searched Ebay and bough one and installed it myself. I then sold the broken one "as is" for a few bucks to someone who repairs them. As far as the little buttons on the seat, I also have a broken one for the driver seat which I hae yet not replaced. Enjoy the car!!

Cadauto.com is a boneyard specifically for cadillac parts, and things like switches and the like are often a good deal used. Someone praised cadauto.com in an earlier post here.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm now having a problem with the climate control, the driver side does not change temperature yet the passenger side will. I've tried moving the temp up and down slowly to see if the door will move but it isn't. I also have codes b1343 and b1344. Both deal with the climate control.

Check the actuator. There are two. I forget which controls the drivers side, but you can tell by seeing which one does not move when you run the temp up & down. One is accessible by removing the glove box. The other by removing the insulator panel underneath.

I'll have to check that, that is what I thought as well. I was just gonna wait till I got my FSM which should be here soon hopefully. I didn't want to start tearing into things no knowing where they are.

I removed the insulator panel and I didn't see anything but a computer module. I couldn't get the golve box out so couldn't see back there. I can hear the actuators either moving or attempting to move would there be any other cause for cool air to only come out of one side?

Archived