CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seville Sisters, Pictures

JasonA

I caught some real nice photos of the '97 and '01 together today. I'll have time to upload them later tonight. For now, though, I made a signature pic.

Oh...crappy. It sliced it up. Oh well. I'll load the real photos later on.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Jason -- both of the links in your signature block are to the 1997 SLS page.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Here are 5 photos I promised yesterday:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I particularly like the last two photos. The '01 clearly sits lower to the ground, and looks like a more substantial vehicle. The '97 looks very lithe comparatively. You can't tell that the '97 is actually longer than the '01.

Those were the shots I've been asking for :D

Great results.

Careful study definitely reveals the evolution and kinship of the two cars.

Many styling cues were carried forward ... eggcrate grill, long hood/short deck,

similar greenhouse, wide horizontal headlights, rear lightbar, etc.

The 97 has aged very well, but I agree that the 01 looks more substantial,

more of a road hugging presence.

Interesting that the evolutionary lineage stopped cold with the new art & science theme.

Highly personal, but I still prefer the styling of the previous two generations of STS's.

Almost a a shame to sell the SLS.

Here are two pics of my older STS's ... same concept, two different generations.

[attachmentid=3146][attachmentid=3147]

post-1542-1174335960.jpg

post-1542-1174336072.jpg

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Both of youse:

Nice pics and handsome hardware!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Here are 5 photos I promised yesterday:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I particularly like the last two photos. The '01 clearly sits lower to the ground, and looks like a more substantial vehicle. The '97 looks very lithe comparatively. You can't tell that the '97 is actually longer than the '01.

:o You stole my STS! :lol: Nice looking cars!

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Interesting that the evolutionary lineage stopped cold with the new art & science theme.

Highly personal, but I still prefer the styling of the previous two generations of STS's.

Absolutely, me too. I always liked the 92-97 generation Seville best, and still think it's a stunning car. But after having a 98-04 car parked right next to it, the newer generation is thoroughly more modern, and looks more current. It's wonderful how the newer generation is most obviously an evolution from the previous generation car (the same can't be said for the current generation STS however).

I don't think I'd really do it, but I'm half tempted to swap wheels between the two cars. I just LOVE the 96/97 SLS wheels in chrome. One of my absolute favorites of all the Cadillac wheels. Just look at 'em sparkle...they really do glitter like diamonds.

By the way, someone was wondering before (I think it might have been 02whiteSTS, what the "marketing" slogan was in 2001/2002. I got a 2001 Cadillac brochure off eBay, and it was "The Power Of &". As in "The Fusion Of Design & Technology".

Absolutely, me too. I always liked the 92-97 generation Seville best, and still think it's a stunning car. But after having a 98-04 car parked right next to it, the newer generation is thoroughly more modern, and looks more current. It's wonderful how the newer generation is most obviously an evolution from the previous generation car (the same can't be said for the current generation STS however).

I don't think I'd really do it, but I'm half tempted to swap wheels between the two cars. I just LOVE the 96/97 SLS wheels in chrome. One of my absolute favorites of all the Cadillac wheels. Just look at 'em sparkle...they really do glitter like diamonds.

By the way, someone was wondering before (I think it might have been 02whiteSTS, what the "marketing" slogan was in 2001/2002. I got a 2001 Cadillac brochure off eBay, and it was "The Power Of &". As in "The Fusion Of Design & Technology".

Yes, I was wondering what the slogan was! Where did you find it in the brochure??

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

It's all over the 2001 all line brochure. I'm still looking for a Seville-specific brochure from 2001.

I just received the 2002 Seville specific brochure today in the mail.

Bought it off ebay for $8 plus $6 shipping.

Its gorgeous, and the closest thing I could find to my 2001.

The main difference is most interior shots show the new for 02 Nav system.

I don't miss that option ... I prefer to always have my audio options showing,

and less to go wrong.

The brochure included a pull out colour chart with actual paint and leather chips.

The inside shot is of the Cadillac race car, with a bumper sticker that reads, "I drive an STS".

If you can't locate the 01 brochure, the 02 is a nice alternative.[attachmentid=3149]

post-1542-1174521863.jpg

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I have an 02 and the 02 brochure. It's the seville specific so it doesn't say anything about the slogan for that year. I think that's strange.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Archived