CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Emblems and such...

Onezfynest

Hey fellas (and Ladies)...Does anyone know where a good place would be to find the Seville emblem for the trunk of my car? It's a 1992 and I want to replace it. Also, is there anyway to reduce condensation in my rear lights??

Onezfynest - ebay is your friend; there are many Cadillac parts out there. Pretty inexpesive, too for the most part.

Mark

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

I second ebay as a good site to look for emblems. I recently bought a new grille for about $85 and a grille emblem (metal) for $50 on ebay. The emblem was a lucky find so I didn't hesitate to buy it.

Hey fellas (and Ladies)...Does anyone know where a good place would be to find the Seville emblem for the trunk of my car? It's a 1992 and I want to replace it.

It's quite possible your local dealer would have an item like that, especially since the same emblem was probably used for several years after 1992. The dealer wouldn't be your cheapest source but, if they can supply it, it would be the quickest and easiest place to get one.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I have moisture in my front head light, would a small hole drilled in it work I wonder.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

I have moisture in my front head light, would a small hole drilled in it work I wonder.

Moisture is death to halogen bulbs. You need to find the leak and seal it or replace the headlight housing. Drilling of holes in the lenses is only applicable to the rear lights on the '92-'97 Sevilles.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

EGreen,

I had the same problem with my passenger side headlight unit. After a careful inspection I discovered a very very tiny hole. Probably made by a stone or a BB. I put a small piece of clear lens tape over it. Now for the moisture that was still trapped inside the housing. I pulled the bulb out and positioned a small hairdryer near the bulb slot and let it run on light heat and low speed for an hour. It's been moisture free for over 3 years.

So look carefully at the lens and along the seams. Report back and let us know if you find anything.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

thanks, I have a thread somewhere about my problem but got busy and haven't gotten around to actually working on it...and its dipping into the cold weather now so the moisture freezes :P

I'll have to take it out and have a look at it.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Hey fellas (and Ladies)...Does anyone know where a good place would be to find the Seville emblem for the trunk of my car?

Here's a place to look . . . . . .

http://stores.ebay.com/Schram-Auto-Parts

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Hey fellas (and Ladies)...Does anyone know where a good place would be to find the Seville emblem for the trunk of my car?

Here's a place to look . . . . . .

http://stores.ebay.com/Schram-Auto-Parts

Regards,

Warren

Yeah. The dealer. The 92-93 trunk lock emblem is like $12 brand new. Most emblems are pretty cheap brand new.

EBay is just a big yard sale. Great deals and great disappointments too....

Yeah. The dealer. The 92-93 trunk lock emblem is like $12 brand new. Most emblems are pretty cheap brand new.

I need a new trunk lock emblem. Thanks for the tip--I'll buy a new one if it's that cheap.

I did get an excellent metal grille emblem for $50 on ebay. But that was after I spent $20 on something I couldn't use. :rolleyes:

I need a new trunk lock emblem. Thanks for the tip--I'll buy a new one if it's that cheap.

I did get an excellent metal grille emblem for $50 on ebay. But that was after I spent $20 on something I couldn't use. :rolleyes:

I think I did ALL the fake DTS emblems for about $40. Really cheap. Brand new. No need to fuss with used or the double sided tape.

Archived