CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ice and caddy

johnnydone

ice storm turned on defrosters windshield cracked all the way across\

had to shake trunk now wont close all the way about a 1inch crack still locks will open with remote

is there an adjustnent

Must have been some storm. How thick was the ice on the car?

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

I heard about that storm--You guys were hit hard. Sorry to hear about the windshield!

Regarding the trunk, it sounds like the trunk motor is not working. If your Deville is like my Edorado you should see a black metal lever on the side where the trunk latches. With the trunk open, giggle the lever to see if the trunk motor activates. I might be that it's stuck.

The same happened to my car in the middle of winter a few yeras ago. I removed the motor, manually brought it to the right position, reinstalled it, and disconnected the motor PERMANENTLY. Do not have any problem since. LOL You still can open the trunk with remote. Some like that cadillacish feature, but I consider that excessive.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

giggle the lever

????? Is that a new machinical term. I did try that on the wifey a while back an ended up with a loose nuts.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Rickster......too funny......thanks for the morning chuckle.

Johnnydone,

Ugh! Sorry to hear about the windshield. Hopefully you have glass coverage. Ice overs are part of our winters here. Sure do a lot of damage. Haven't had any glass break yet but some good scares. Making a turn out of an inclined driveway and hearing all the windows snap and pop, I think to myself "surely something is going to break" but never does.

On to the trunk. Might want to shoot a little WD-40 down along the pulldown pin/shaft. The lube might be gone and the cold weather dried the last bit.

Let us know what you come up with.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

the ice on the car was about 4 in thick plus snow on top of it

the trunk lever is free but does not pull down is there a fuse that its linked to

you guys are right the pull down motor is not working is there a fuse or do i needto replace the motor and if i do anybody know where i can get one reasonable brassi8nton wants 113 plus ship

thanks for all your help

giggle the lever

????? Is that a new machinical term. I did try that on the wifey a while back an ended up with a loose nuts.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is the second time I inadvertently made this typo. :blink:

you guys are right the pull down motor is not working is there a fuse or do i needto replace the motor and if i do anybody know where i can get one reasonable brassi8nton wants 113 plus ship

thanks for all your help

So you "jiggled" the pulldown motor lever to make sure it isn't stuck? If it's not up enough the motor won't activate.

thanks for all your help

Most trunk pulldown failures are due to a bad upper latch switch or a break in the witing where it follows the trunk lid hinge. Check for power at the upper latch switch - if you have power, unplug the switch and check to see if you have continuity across the switch contacts when the lever is cycled. The switch is $14 at the dealer.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I have saved a motor by opening it up and replacing the brushes if it turnes out that the switch is good. a little exploratory surgery could save you some money.

I have saved a motor by opening it up and replacing the brushes if it turnes out that the switch is good. a little exploratory surgery could save you some money.

thanks everyone ill double check i as soon asit warms up

update on glass the glass company came out today in 15 degree weather and installed anew glass it took the guy 30min they also waved my 100 deductable it seems like they dida good job

o well back to the motor

update

i giggled the switch it started laughing and then the trunk motor started working

trunk pulldown now works all is normal

thanks guys :lol:

Archived