CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Talk about your tires....

Marika

List your tires here, include their full name, size etc., as well as your reasons for using this particular tire.

You can also brag about your rims here too and include a SMALL image of them if you can.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

You had to know I'd be one of the first to respond. :)

Michelin Pilot XGT H4, size 225/60/16. I'm on my second set. No comparison with other tires -- ride is glass smooth and performance is very good. I would recommend any Michelin tire, but I've had particularly great experience with the Michelin Pilots that I'll probably purcahse them yet again when these wear out. I had about 40k on the previous set when I replaced them prematurely due to one getting a puncture in the sidewall. I already have 25-30k on these, and expect at least another 25k out of them before I'm ready for the third set.

Wheels are OE chrome 9-spokes, available on 96/97 SLS models.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Michelin X-Ones, size 225/60/16. Great tires, excellent in the performance area and extremely good for the bad weather. Only problem is that I picked these tires up last year because I thought I was going to drive my Caddy in the winter again, but decided not too. I might pick up some Yokohama's if I have the cash to spare.

Rims are American Racing Alloys, they look pretty good on the Caddy but I'm looking to update to some 18's.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Wow I love the XGT H4s and the X Ones, great tires! I had both on my 91 Seville! I only wish they made a white wall tire that was higher performing than the Symetry for my Deville! Mike

225-60-16 Falken Ziex Being my first car, I can't really compare them to anything, but they seem to do the job! as for rims - CTS polished alloys - I love 'em.. calipers will be painted soon - maybe this weekend!

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Michelin XW4.... because they came with the car. No complaints (maybe because I don't know any better :P ) 82K on them and miles to go before they sleep.

Kumho Ecsta 711 225/45/R17

pretty rough riding, but great handling

hahaha, that's probably not the kind of tire/ useful info you were searching for!

Michelin Pilot XGT HR P235/60/R16. No vibrations at all (tested up to 100mph only), ride is glass smooth, minimal weights needed for balancing and very quiet on the road.

My car came with the ZR option and Badyear LS. They were at about 10% tread left and severely pancaking, noisy and very eratic, loud, and somewhat dangerous. My car's suspension was all over the place with creaking, noises and other weird characteristics.

The michelins have improved handling dramatically, there are no more suspension creeks, wet weather handling is supurb - especially in corners.

The only downside is that the HR harder compound is not as sticky for dry weather cornering or off the line acceleration. Don't get me wrong, cornering is still good and burnouts are mitigated by the traction control - but I definitely feel the difference between an HR and ZR tire in the dry.

For the money, Michelin is the way to go in my books. If they made the Pilot A/S ZR in my size I would have probably gone for it....

One last thing - my tire guy told me that Michelin is their brand of choice for any car with sensitive steering/suspension or any picky drivers (like me) because they are so predictably high quality.

Tom R.

1998 Cadillac STS with 102K Miles

Pep Boys - Cornel 535 205/75/R14

What I like about these tires:

1. The price was only $25/tire which included balancing

2. Smooth Riding

3. Excelent fuel economy

4. Handles well in rain due to narrow footprint

5. Very quiet

6. Good handling but probably due more to touring suspension I transfered to my car from a newer STS.

Negatives:

Doesn't look cool

Rims:

Old School Cadillac wire hubcaps.

IPB Image

I have replaced a set of vogue with Yokohama Avid. Customer rating gor Yokohama was great, but i would rate them below average. Besides, one of tires apperead to be out of round :angry:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Michelin's in the front w/white wall preform O.K. Vogues in the back---LOOK FANTASTIC.

Parents got Khumos on both their cars (3series and mustang) and for a performance to reg car they have to be the best tire out there for the money. I wouldnt say they would be that great on a caddy, cept an STS.

I have got Vogues on my Caddy with Chrome factory rims. I wouldnt dream of putting anything else, they made a HUGE visual difference in my car compared to plain tires. Granted, I dont drive at 130 mph anyway. Needless to say, Im thinking of upgrading to 17" DTS chromes w/ vogues.

Bone stock 235-55-17 Goodyears. I have started a serach for tires but it appears to be slim pickings for tires of this size. And when you find em ..... ouch. But the gal is worth it ... when the time comes. Still plenty of tread left in the ones I have.

Jim White

My 18inch Lexani Krystals make sure everyone notices my car. Not that people didn't stare at it already. B)

Andrew Morris

Dallas, Texas

1998 Black Eldorado:

full custom Borla exhaust

Custom intake

1500 watt Hifonics amp

3 12inch Boston Acoustic G2 subwoofers

I-pod integrated

18 inch Lexani Krystals with Z-rated tires

E&G classics Billet grill

BMW E36 Angel Eye Headlights

Ported SS heads