CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Some pics after a good wash & Wax

Awesome pics! I wish my digi-cam was that good! I love seeing people post pics of there caddy here....wish people would do it more! :)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

[attachmentid=2611]

IT looks AWSOME !!! What did you wax it with ?? This yesterday out at the farm I'm looking at buying the car now has 107k miles on it

Michael-

Ps How did you do you pics like that ? with the linkage type of thing ?

post-3268-1151172777_thumb.jpg

[attachmentid=2611]

IT looks AWSOME !!! What did you wax it with ?? This yesterday out at the farm I'm looking at buying the car now has 107k miles on it

Michael-

Ps How did you do you pics like that ? with the linkage type of thing ?

I used Zymol. I used to use a polish called Dry Wash 'N Guard. Great stuff too. Zymol is really nice actually. After a nice clay job it goes on pretty easy. Great shine. Lasts a pretty good amount of time to. Also, FYI, my car has never been garage kept! Parked outside under the stars every day. The pics were uploaded using imageshack.

IPB Image

Thats awsome!!!! It looks great. Ummm I can say safely mines spent less than 20 nights outside. Mainly when Im home in Ohio or traveling.

Michael-

Thanks. And I do wish I did have a garage. It seems that everytime I do clean it, it decides to rain. :angry:

IPB Image

I love seeing people post pics of there caddy here....wish people would do it more! :)

My favorite of baby: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBucket/MotorPKWY.jpg

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Speedy2, Warren and Dave,

All fine pictures for sure.

Speedy, can you let us know the camera particulars; lens, exposures etc?

As I recall, you had posted some fine night shots from a Texas city some time ago, perhaps before you were to be re-assigned?

Your choice of the overpass structures with the lights creating red lens effects - was a particularly interesting study in composition with the STS's tail section.

Warren, that Autumn shot is a stunning color compliment to your Eldo.

Dave, Wouldn't your new bride rather have her Beetle again just for nostalgia? Please get tired of the perfect color cruiser SRX - so my wife can have it. ;)

Again, all nice work!

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Warren, beautiful shot of your Eldo! Is that "Shale Metallic"? One of my favorites! ;)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Speedy2, Warren and Dave,

All fine pictures for sure.

Speedy, can you let us know the camera particulars; lens, exposures etc?

Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XT (350D)

Lens: Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Zoom Lens

Pic #1: 1.3sec F/5.6 Focal Length 22mm ISO-200

Pic #2: 1.3sec F/5.6 Focal Length 22mm ISO-200

Pic #3: 1.3sec F/5.6 Focal Length 22mm ISO-200

Pic #4: 1.3sec F/5.6 Focal Length 22mm ISO-200

Pic #5: 1.3sec F/5.6 Focal Length 14mm ISO-200

Pic #6: 1.0sec F/5.6 Focal Length 21mm ISO-200

Pic #7: 20sec F/29 Focal Length 22mm ISO-200

Pic #8: 25sec F/29 Focal Length 22mm ISO-200

Pic #9: 1/8sec F/4.5 Focal Length 22mm ISO-400

Pic #10: 1/10sec F/3.5 Focal Length 10mm ISO-400

As I recall, you had posted some fine night shots from a Texas city some time ago, perhaps before you were to be re-assigned?

Umm, I was in San Diego, CA before I came back to FL. So, I'm sure the pics you saw were from there.

Your choice of the overpass structures with the lights creating red lens effects - was a particularly interesting study in composition with the STS's tail section.

Again, all nice work!

IPB Image

Warren, beautiful shot of your Eldo! Is that "Shale Metallic"? One of my favorites! ;)

Thanks. Shale it is.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

speedyman_2,

I can understand why TDK asked for camera particulars. Beautiful shots. Just stunning!

There may be a better looking '98 STS out there, and I'll let you all know when I find it (Don't hold your breath folks!).

BUT, in the meantime, . . . . . WOW!!!

BTW, I like the color . . . .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

great pictures, I haven't visited this site much, usually spend time at cadillacowners.com but I'll stop bye here more frequently.

picture of mine...well my dads deville but since I'm living at home I tend to take care of it and such:

IPB Image

This winter was a very bad winter, not only did some idiot key the length of the drivers side but also snap off/bend the power antenna (at the time the antenna was having some troulbe going up and down so it decided to stay up and someone snapped it off and keyed it) I also am missing one wheel center cover (if anyone has a good source for those please let me know) and the front bumper towards the bottom cracked from a real cold day and htting one of the concrete parking lot things that were under snow.

Thats all gettting fixed in the next few weeks and I'll post a lovely pictures of it washed and waxed. :)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Sorry to hear about the keying; that is a shame.

Cardio-doc is a good one to ask about the wheel center cap, although you can usually get them from the local Dealer as well. Ebay occasionally has sets of 4 for various years.

It is good to see more pics of the cars.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Hi Folks,

so here's a picture of my '96, on a nice summer evening...

Very handsome! Funny looking parking lamps though. And dang, but that's a strange license plate up front. :D:D:D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

JasonA; looks familiar, eh?

Stefan

Stefan, that's a nice-lookin' piece! One of my favorites! :P

Yep, pretty much exactly the same as mine, save for the superior European headlights and side markers. B)

Here's one of my favorite shots of mine:

IPB Image

Jason,

your car is looking great too! I bet you take good care of it! And you got the chrome wheels...

Warren,

I made a special version of my licence plate just for you, see attachment. :-)

The parking lamps you are referring to are turn signals only. The parking lamps of the Euro version are integral part of the headlamps, a little extra bulb similar to those in the licence plate lamps.

See attached picture how that looks in the dark.

There are no side marker lamps in the front and rear lenses, and no cornering lamps. The clear lenses on the front/outside are empty, not even bulb holders. The wiring loom is also different.

Best

Stefan

post-1136-1151936967.jpg

Warren,

I made a special version of my licence plate just for you, see attachment. :-)

Best

Stefan

:D:D:D

Best,

Warren

Posted Image

Stefan, a lot of cars in the US now have that parking lamp design. The headlight just sort of "glows" faintly -- the turn signal lamp does not illuminate like it has in the past. Many of these are on foreign marques, and some may be aftermarket lights, I don't know.

The clear lenses on the front/outside are empty, not even bulb holders. The wiring loom is also different.

Best

Stefan

I really appreciate the "cornering" lamps. In fact, it ticks me off that my Caddy doesn't leave the cornering lamps on for a few seconds after the turn signal cancels. My Lincolns did that.

I wonder why Europe doesn't allow that feature.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived