CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Some pics after a good wash & Wax

Jason,

I thought the orange parking lamps are mandatory in the US...seems to be different.

Warren,

this has changed in the last two or three years, now the are no longer forbidden. Some MB models have them integrated into the fog lamps now.

Maybe I'll try to purchase some US cornering lamp lenses with bulb holders for my Seville.

Best regards

Stefan

I'm not sure if its mandatory but don't the eldordos just have an orange bulb to them or something, I could have sworn they were orange but didn't have the color on the lens itself.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Jason,

I thought the orange parking lamps are mandatory in the US...seems to be different.

I think on many models, the orange lamps do come on. But they also illuminate the headlight slightly just to "look cool", or look "European". America is a very cosmetic culture.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

• 3 weeks later...

I have those caps. Remind me your from the Bruce's CaddyInfo forum for a special price. Be sure to remind me your car is a 98 Deville with chrome "4651" caps.

~Doc

docardio@lycos.com

we were able to track down a "like new" cap from the local hubcap guy (have always gone to him in the past and he happened to get some in).

He said the supply on these particular cap is beginning to be exhausted so I let you know if another one goes missing. 25 bucks is all he asked so we jumped on it.

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Dave, Wouldn't your new bride rather have her Beetle again just for nostalgia? Please get tired of the perfect color cruiser SRX - so my wife can have it. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

My wife still has (and drives) her yellow beetle, and I usually drive the SRX. Had to drive the beetle to work once so I could take it in for some service, thought I'd never get the SRX back, my wife kept going on and on about it. Who knows, maybe one day we'll have two of em, but for now they make a neat looking duo in the two car garage...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

:lol::lol::lol:

My wife still has (and drives) her yellow beetle, and I usually drive the SRX. Had to drive the beetle to work once so I could take it in for some service, thought I'd never get the SRX back, my wife kept going on and on about it. Who knows, maybe one day we'll have two of em, but for now they make a neat looking duo in the two car garage...

Well the colors clash, but yeah, nice duo . . . . . :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

^ you could always....give the SRX to the wife and get a V :)

IPB Image

The Green's Machines

^ you could always....give the SRX to the wife and get a V :)

Thinking like a true man! :D:D:D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

if thats not in the cards it could be an oppertunity to get a V8 Northstar SRX, and the wife can have the V6 :)

The Green's Machines

LOL!

You guys are too funny! I'd love a XLR-V or something, but actually the SRX works really well for me as I have to transport computers and monitors often in my job. Couldn't fit to many computers in a XLR...lol. Maybe one day a SRX-V if they ever make one? While my wife still LOVES her bug, but I think after driving the SRX she's just as much as a caddy-addict as me. :)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Archived