CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Power Window went out on 97 STS need help

the back right window wont go down. at first i thought i would be a fuse thing but i looked at the fuse box and didnt find one for power windows. this is the first time ive even owned a caddi and i dont know how to trouble shoot electrical problems or it could be a mechanical problem. any help would be nice thanx

Have you tried slamming the door shut....while holding the down button? About 80% will start working again.

i have a 97 etc when it gets real hot in the summer time my driver side power window wont work for awhile.

i guess since it is not the summer time you are in a different situation ,unless you are in a warmer climate(i am in vancouver b.c. so it is obviously cold and rainy).does anyone know why this is happening?

i have problem with both front power windows too. It just does not go all the way down or up. you have to wait for a couple of minutes and try again. sounds like some capacitor does not get enough energy or what. i am not sure what is the reason just got used to it and live with it. not a big deal actually.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

They just get stuck. Common on GM. If it continues to be a problem....replace the motor. On the '93 I had one window do this about twice a year.

Run with it.

i have problem with both front power windows too. It just does not go all the way down or up. you have to wait for a couple of minutes and try again. sounds like some capacitor does not get enough energy or what. i am not sure what is the reason just got used to it and live with it. not a big deal actually.

Sounds like the tracks in the window regulator assembly need to be adjusted.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

A couple years ago my drivers window would not go down. I never thought about slamming the door. Likely would have fixed it. I took the door apart and checked all the voltages and had power to the motor, however the motor seemed jammed.

I removed the motor, disassembled, and found nothing. Put it back together and it then worked. However, I discovered the armature back lash adjustment was quite loose. I didn't know if it was supposed to be like that, so it tightened it to only a few thou.

It's been working fine since.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

Archived