CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Modifications

Josh

16" American Racing Rims, Michelin X-Ones, drop in K&N air filter, Flowtech exhausts and larger throttle body coming in a couple weeks.

What do you guys thinks about the larger throttle body? I was debating about picking one up, supposely increases top end.

Thanks

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

The best "modification" I've done to mine is the Powerstop cross-drilled front brake rotors. For some reason or another, when my mom owned the car she had to have the rotors resurfaced ever 20k miles. And she put a lot of highway miles on it and drove it very regularly. When I got the car, the rotors were starting to feel like they could use that again, but instead I purchased a pair of cross-drilled brake rotors from Powerstop. Excellent product, and no modifications needed. Simply replace your current rotors with these. I used Bendix HD brake pads and am very happy with the results. It's been more than 40k miles since I installed them and the brakes are great still. I'm very pleased with them. I have a page about them here:

http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/cadsls/rotors.html

As with any modification, your experience with it on your car will vary. I really like the different brake rotors. I tried a K&N filter and didn't like that, and removed it. http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/cadsls/filter.html Live and learn. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I have the CORSA exhaust on my car which give it a nice sound and helps performance to. I also tried the K&N air filter and didn't like it. I then tested to paper filters, one from STP and the other from FRAM. Overall I liked the FRAM best so I decided to stick with that. It works better than the K&N and is about $33 cheaper. $8.99 at Autozone. ;)

1. Ripped out stock muffler and replaced it with a Flowmaster DeltaFlow. +2 mpg, better response, no additional noise inside.

2. MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires. Waste of money, no noticeable difference from stock wires with peeling insulation.

3. New Bosch Platinum Plugs. Waste of money, no noticeable difference from stock Delco plugs with 70K miles.

4. Advanced Timing +3 degrees. +1 mpg, more power off the line

5. Unplugged ISC apparatus and set idle to 500 rpm. +4 mpg in town. Best mod in gaining city fuel economy but with some sacrifices to drivability when engine is cold.

Better fuel economy is what I'm striving for since I'm paying $2.10/gal for gas in Los Angeles.

IPB Image

100% stock. Not one thing on this car has been modified.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

100% stock.  Not one thing on this car has been modified.

Wow...12 years and it still has the original tires and battery and wiper blades?! And they say they don't make 'em like they used to... ;)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

1) 2-1/2" high flow cat, and DynoMax Super Turbo mufflers, with late model (look)

rectangular chrome tips.

2) K&N panel filter

3) Eibach "Pro Series" spring kit, lowering car 2" front, 1-1/2" rear.

4) Michelin Pilot tires, 255-50x16 XGT Z-4 tires on '97 seven spoke STS chrome mags.

5) Optima sealed battery

6) Sylvania Silverstar #9005 (65w) headlamp bulbs (4)

7) "Quad" relay, to light all four headlamps in highbeam mode

8) Arnott passive struts/shocks (to be installed next week)

9) Fully tinted windows (all)

10) Nakamichi MB-75 in dash six CD deck, with Bazooka 10" subwoofer

11) Diamond white front bumper guards (to replace the stock black)

12) Drilled all taillights to permanently 'de-fog'

13) Ahh..... ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

There are NO modifications that can be done to these already overly controlled machines! If you haven't been told, modifications will make your car slower...it is in its FASTEST possible form from the factory, in good stock OEM form. If you find any modifications you perform do infact make you car faster, you will be taunted and teased by various individuals on here. It may be advised to stay clear away from the modification ideas on this board. It is an awesome board, but overpowered by those with completely inconclusive thoughts on modifications...they believe no mod will work. This is good advice for you.

Actually, I have never heard anyone make the blanket statement that mods make your car go slower.

I have heard that you can open up the exhaust and get a few hp.

Or open up the intake and get a few hp.

Or spray in nitrous, add a super/turbo-charger for more hp. The engine is an air pump. Get more air in, add more fuel, and it can pump more air.

The purpose of a forum is discussion. If you have tested mods on your car and can show that they improved performance, document what you did. Lots of people would love to make their cars faster. But if a mod does not work, document that too.

It is odd to me that people feel threatened by facts.

Please don't post the same comments in multiple threads.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Mods to my 92 4.9 STS

1. Passive AC Delco Struts

2. Center console/cup holders from 95 STS

3 94 ETC Rims

4. Home Depot Dryer hose intake (sounds ghetto, I know, but it works)

5. K&N panel airfilter

6. Drilled rear tailights

7. Logan 3rd Brake Light

8. JC Whitney Custom Floor Mats

100% stock.  Not one thing on this car has been modified.

Wow...12 years and it still has the original tires and battery and wiper blades?! And they say they don't make 'em like they used to... ;)

mod·i·fi·ca·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (md-f-kshn)

n.

1. The act of modifying or the condition of being modified.

2. A result of modifying.

3. A small alteration, adjustment, or limitation.

re·place ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-pls)

tr.v. re·placed, re·plac·ing, re·plac·es

1. To put back into a former position or place.

2. To take or fill the place of.

3. To be or provide a substitute for.

4. To pay back or return; refund.

<_>

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

;)

It was a joke... :D

okaaaaaaaaaaaaay :o

:lol::blink:

92 Eldorado 4.9

1) K&N panel Air filter

2) Raven Exhaust (Camaro style) with ETC bumper and quad tips

3) Catco Convertor

4) Casper Throttle enhancer

5) Passive Struts

6) 18" Lexani Crystal wheels with 245/40/ZR18

7) Future... Ed Wright Fast Chip

WR

92 Eldorado 4.9

1) K&N panel Air filter

2) Raven Exhaust (Camaro style) with ETC bumper and quad tips

3) Catco Convertor

4) Casper Throttle enhancer

5) Passive Struts

6) 18" Lexani Crystal wheels with 245/40/ZR18

7) Future... Ed Wright Fast Chip

WR

What do you think about the throttle enhancer? Good/Bad?

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

I was also wondering about that throttle enhancer from Casper. How well does it work. Any any results would be great. Thanks

I had one on my '92 STS along with an ED Wright "Fast Chip". It was a quick, easy install (about 30 seconds) with the result being a nice, crisp throttle respose, going to WOT at 70% pedal travel....I loved it. ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

WOOO!!! Sounds like a fun part! :wub:

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Right now I have no mods at all :( . Although I do have some chrome rims in the mail. But my wish list for this summer is:

-Dynomax super turbo muffler

-Window Tint

-Maybe a K&N filter

-TPS Enhancer

-Ed Wright Fast Chip

:rolleyes:

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

I had 2 12 inch alpine speakers in the trunk and an alpine deck. blew the 12s though pushing to much power to them...1500 watts. i also have 2 chamber flows on it. im just waiting on paying it off so i can do other mods. im going for 17 in spokes with vogues and airbags all the way around.

post-3-1078109344.jpg

Lund Cadillac has some performance mod items, although their webpage is not all that informative:

http://www.lundcadillac.com/cadperf.htm

02 to current Deville cold air intake:

lp_cadperf_r9_c4.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived