CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Modifications

Josh

02 to current Deville cold air intake:

lp_cadperf_r9_c4.jpg

Wow -- now THAT looks like a well-engineered intake system (from the top)!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Let's see- bought it in May '01 with 74K - now has 98K.

Things I've done:::

1) (4) red 25 LED courtesy lights from www.superbrightleds.com

2) Mannix LCD alarm/remote/keyless entry www.ebay.com

3) Black limo tint - all taken off except for back window

4) Blaupunkt Head Unit

5) Falken Ziex-512 tires

6) Steering wheel cover :)

Things I've bought but aren't 'installed' yet:::

1) Updated chrome tips [that you see on the newer STSs]

2) 16' CTS polished alloy rims

3) SLS badge for the trunk

Things I need:::

1) 94-97 updated grille [anyone have a spare?]

2) Silverstar high beams

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Mods to date:

Corsa cat back exhaust

Rear spoiler from Sportwing Inc.

Replaced rotors and pads with Powerstop cross drilled rotors and carbon/ceramic dustless pads.

80mm TB and ported intake manifold from RSM racing

K&N cone filter #RU 2590 with home made custom intake(full heat shield and ducted out for fresh air)

New Michelin Piolot XGTZ4'S 255/50/16 46,200 miles

Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

High stall torque converter from Edge racing converters

Micky Thompson ET Front slicks and 4 aluminum wheels

Most recent visit to the track 14.1 sec. 1/4 mile. Best to date.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

Noticed another user went with 255/50/16 instead of the stock 225/60/16

Wider and lower profile for increased handling and performance for those of us who like spirited driving.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

i have a 97 black on black eldorado. i have a stock replacment k&n filter, for the exhaust i put a 3 inch mandrel bend followed by a free flowing cat, and two magna flow mufflers. and 20 chrome wheels. in the works of lowering it 2 inches and puting in the billet grills.i will try to get pictures on if any one is interested

My signature says all my mods. will post a pick soon.

Andrew Morris

Dallas, Texas

1998 Black Eldorado:

full custom Borla exhaust

Custom intake

1500 watt Hifonics amp

3 12inch Boston Acoustic G2 subwoofers

I-pod integrated

18 inch Lexani Krystals with Z-rated tires

E&G classics Billet grill

BMW E36 Angel Eye Headlights

Ported SS heads

High stall torque converter from Edge racing converters

What kind of stall speed do you see if you brake stall it at full throttle??

Do you brake stall it at the line or just nail the throttle so the engine RPM flares??

Bobb,

I've never tried a full throttlle brake stall. I just nail it and let it wind up.

I did do a full throttle with traction off starting in 2nd a couple of times. It winds up to about 2600 before hitting the wall.

Is that the same as a brake stall?

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

Hi Everyone

Here is my first mod for the dts.I am going to replace the old northstar 32valve logo on the trunk with the new style logo This will be my weekend project probably take about half hr to get the old one off and the new one on..I like the new logo better..it will give the rear a little chrome..to set off the dts on the right side..I will also remove the dealer badge while I'm at it.

Cheers

Jim

picture.JPG

Let's see...

Rear spoiler

Repaint

Cadillac Logos added behind backseat windows

Custom floormats

35% tint

Wants:

New mufflers or exhaust

Buy new or clamp the current springs and lower the baby a few inches

Japanese body kit

• 2 years later...

18" Akita forged aluminum wheels

245/45/ZR18 Nexen tires (255 next time)

Eibach lowering springs

Addco 22mm rear sway bar

Dynomax exhaust

K&N with custom cold box and snorkel

Mobil One filter and full synthetic oil

Baer DeceleRotos

Baer dustless pads

9005 Silverstar lows and highs

XM radio (sucks, lol) and a blown stock sub

5% tint all around

Painted rockers and bumper trim

Debadged except hood ornament

Whew, I think that's it. :)

1996 sts

I have the cross drilled rotors

eclpise in dash head unit

2 12" alpine type r Subs

8mm ngk wires (noticed a huge differnce between stock and these plugs at 125000m)

ac delco double platnium plugs

cold air intake

custom made throttle body spacer

full tinted windows

led underglow kit

i would like to know were to get the Diamond white front bumper guards (to replace the stock black)

tnks

Mine is completely stock, but I'm mulling over changing the exhaust.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

I tilted my On-star antenna forward at about 30 degrees... helps to cut through the wind and reduce drag... picked up at least 7/10,000 in the quarter. :lol:

And I replaced the stock mats with an embroidered logo pair. The car feels faster, but I haven't tested this mod on the dyno yet.

Someday I'm going to swap out the Bose Stereo for a DVD Nav system... too many projects on the go right now though.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Dear Cadillac Owners:

Finally, high quality components for the Cadillac brand that will rival the likes of other luxury vehicle manufactures. Performance & Luxury has never blended together so well.

We at D3 have an unparalleled focus on providing the highest quality, most brilliant performance, and exquisite luxury showcased while using the Cadillac brand of vehicles offered to the public. We will provide those that have a yen for performance, various packages which will enhance the driving experience to the level they desire. These packages will retain the quality that has been instilled in every Cadillac produced while enhancing the original overall design. D3 Limited Edition Cadillacs are to be considered “world class” and rival the likes of AMG, Brabus, Lorinser, RennTech, etc. We will provide the outlet for customers to dispense their passion for driving while keeping them in a Cadillac Brand Vehicle.

Our products come with a minimum 3-year warranty and can be installed by your local service department if need be. For more information regarding pricing & product availability please feel free to contact us at the number listed above or visit our website www.d3cadillac.com.

Sincerely,

D3 Research & Design

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

D3 Research & Design

2829 Gundry ave.

Signal Hill, CA. 90755

(562) 988-2090 Phone

info@d3cadillac.com

I tilted my On-star antenna forward at about 30 degrees... helps to cut through the wind and reduce drag... picked up at least 7/10,000 in the quarter. :lol:

And I replaced the stock mats with an embroidered logo pair. The car feels faster, but I haven't tested this mod on the dyno yet.

Someday I'm going to swap out the Bose Stereo for a DVD Nav system... too many projects on the go right now though.

I tilted my Onstar antenna BACKwards - it makes it look like I'm going faster... put on chrome tire valve caps - polished the rear window heating elelment strips for less inside wind resistance - retorqued the sight shield nuts to the factory spec - lowered the drivers seat to the lowest position in range - I tried the logo mats, but they didn't help my ET - also, I rotated the battery caps and put summer air in the tires last week - got a chrome carburettor pulley and new exhaust bearings...

;)

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman

user posted image

1997 STS, modifications:

1) Cross-drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads... highly recomended.

2) Fram "airhog" filter with extra holes drilled through stock airbox into lower pickup area... can't say if it makes a difference for sure, but the sound is worth it and the extra cold air CAN"T hurt!

3) Dynomax super turbo mufflers with Z-28 style stainless tips... helped performance, sounds AWESOME, and the tips fit the openings much better then the oval tips did!

4) Removed all emblems except for on the grill... looks cleaner to me.

5) 255-55-16 Kumho tires on stock wheels... went with this size because they are the same overall diameter as stock, makes the car look awesome.

6) Slick 50 over 70,000 mile additives in motor and trans... can't hurt right? The engine stuff didn't make a difference but I am convinced the trans is a little smoother shifting and working in general.

1: Added Amherst Football Logo to trunk (helmet decale).

2: Pirelli P3000 Cinturato M&S Tires (Great All Season Tire, grips grate in the snow)

3: No Speed Limit road sign taped on mirror side of drivers visor

4: Change to Castrol GTX High Mileage motor oil last change

5: Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Bills car flags

not much else one can do to a deville, its a rocket from a stop and am convinced in does 0-60 in more like 6 seconds than 7 (its up to 70mph no problem and quick). When the exhaust system goes I might consider something in that department but I often wonder if something has been done to that before it was brought to the Green household. It rumbles and gives great engine sounds compared some other caddys I've run across....maybe WOT treatment keeps it clean and breathing :)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Archived