CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I don't wanna be a 'ricer'

Bentham

Hi, being that I am finally getting these new rims.. [it's a big purchase for me btw] :) I thought about painting my calipers black or silver. Would that be crossing the line into 'ricer-land'? Please, I value your opinions.., so be honest

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Those wheels are beauties (lock 'em up).

How about painting the calipers - the body color of the car? They may need high heat resist tho, if you really get on 'em.

Please don't ask about black lights next...LOL

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Hey - no pic.. heres a spittin image 'cept 4 years older

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2459853851

and I'm sure everyones seen the rims I bought by now.. so..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2459982778

picture that car, with those rims

and silver OR black calipers

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

I would go with black - sure would look better than rusty old cast iron!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I painted mine RED!! ha! Black would definitly be okay, compared to RED! (man, it sure did feel right at the time...:) )

Your car can't get too "ricer" if it isn't an imported, usually Japanese car with an obnoxious bright color, 15" unecessary spoiler, and a very annoying exhaust. Not that I don't like Japanese cars, when souped up can be super fast and reliable at the same time.

will CTS rims fit on a seville? is the offset the same?

Yes, I was wondering the same thing... I bought a set of 2004 SLS rims instead because I thought I read somewhere the CTS rims had a different offset... :unsure: I hope these work for you, they are nice looking wheels.

I am going with black on my calipers when I mount my new wheels. Once it warms up around here, that is! :D

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

It looks like they'll fit since the bolt pattern is the same. The question is whether the offset is the same. You'll have to try it and see. Also, installing wheels from a rear wheel drive car sometimes presents some problems such as the center hole not being large enough. I had this problem when I installed some aftermarket wheels off a Toyota Supra. What I ended up doing was taking a grinder to it and making it fit. The offset also was different and it set the tires so they protruded just beyond the fenders. I fixed the problem by setting a negative camber on the suspension. Anyways it'll be interesting to see how your new wheels fit. I guess you'll be the guinea pig!

IPB Image

Last summer I did my calipers up with Hi-Temp silver. It came out about the same color as the wheels(OEM, Clear Coat, Machine finish). I like it, as the calipers "blend " in . I hit the calipers with a wire brush, then sprayed them with brake clean. I brushed on the silver spray paint . I used a spray head with a red extension tube, placed in a small jar, covered with a paper towel, to collect the paint. The paper towel keeps the paint in the jar, but lets the gas out. I didn't have to mask it off, using a brush instead of spraying it.

rek

oh my, that seems like a lot of work... just take the wheels off and mask! maybe service you brakes or grease fittings while you are at it. you newer caddy guys may not have grease fitting, but back in 91...

just look at these '04 CTS wheels on my SLS. Fit perfectly, no rubbing or anything!! Look: Awesome (in my opinion, of course).

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

Last summer I did my calipers up with Hi-Temp silver. It came out about the same color as the wheels(OEM, Clear Coat, Machine finish). I like it, as the calipers "blend " in . I hit the calipers with a wire brush, then sprayed them with brake clean. I brushed on the silver spray paint . I used a spray head with a red extension tube, placed in a small jar, covered with a paper towel, to collect the paint. The paper towel keeps the paint in the jar, but lets the gas out. I didn't have to mask it off, using a brush instead of spraying it.

And finally, where should I buy the caliper paint? Should I just go to autozone and pick some up - or they have some 'G2' on eBay for $30

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

I got the Hi-Temp Paint at an Auto parts store. I think it was NAPA. I got the highest temp they offered. It still looks fresh, and it didn't cost 30 bucks. Most important to have the calipers CLEAN , so the paint will stick.

rek

Archived