CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

NEW AFTER MARKET WIRES

Larry

Just bought some after market wires, I will keep you posted. Just could not go 132.00. I have a 1996 deville. It was missing at idle. Replaced with ac delco plugs. It idles perfect, but with air cond load , it feels rough at all other times. Iwill install wires and see.

I had to resort to aftermarket wires because GMPartsdirect really screwed up my order and didn't let me know the AC-Delco wires were back ordered, etc etc etc. I'll never order from them again... I was in a time crunch (about to drive 900 miles each way to Arkansas last Thanksgiving), so I had to go aftermarket. Ended up with Autolite Professional wires for $64.xx from Advance Auto. They were actually the correct length, and the cable ends were pre-siliconed. They seemed to be high enough quality. This was 7 months ago. We'll see how they work in the long term.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I had to resort to aftermarket wires because GMPartsdirect really screwed up my order and didn't let me know the AC-Delco wires were back ordered, etc etc etc. I'll never order from them again... I was in a time crunch (about to drive 900 miles each way to Arkansas last Thanksgiving), so I had to go aftermarket. Ended up with Autolite Professional wires for $64.xx from Advance Auto. They were actually the correct length, and the cable ends were pre-siliconed. They seemed to be high enough quality. This was 7 months ago. We'll see how they work in the long term.

gmpartsdirect.com has very good prices and very bad customer service. I prefer to pay some extra $$ to rockauto knowing they do not play games and ship fast.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Any experience with them?

Yeah, I think they are supposed to be pretty good wires. I have used them eons ago but not recently but based on everything I have read I would (and have) stick with OEM (A/C Delco).

I have had very good results with Belden Coax cable. I use it for my Ham Radio Hobby. I use there feed line to go from Transceiver to my antennas. I even use it in my car for same application. I bought my GM/Delco wires for 80 bucks when I had my engine done...

Hey Tyler, nice to meet ya. I'm W2NIW. I just looked ya up on QRZ. Are you very active and on what bands. I'm on mostly 40 meters and 20 when the band is open or for contests. I also 2 meter mobile to and from work every day. I have a few buds on 440 who I rag chew with late in the evenings. A few years back I brushed up on my morse code and theory and got my General ticket, that was cool. It opend up a whole other word for me. I just got my info packet for MARS, I would love to be excepted so I can help pass messages back and forth for our military folk. The pic is of my Telex 90Ft tower up at 70 ft. The 20 Meter beam just came down for service. I love HF mobile, I have the Yaesu ft 847 and the ATAS-100 All band auto tune antenna. My girl and I have lots of fun on trips seeing how many stations we can work. Hope to catch ya on down the coax some day. 73 Tyler DE Matt W2NIW

napa has belden plug wires they come with a 5 yr warrenty. IMO I would lean toward delco wires but if gm wires are now made by belden I would give them a shot. I also heard that nkg makes the delco spark plug could that be true. It seems to me that delco is farming out a some of there products and the trend could be growing. They might be getting out of the aftermarket altogether? Mike

Yea sorry I missed the message. The dog broke my laptop so I havent gotten online much lately. I spend most of my time on 2m here as ive sold off most of my radios to fix my car over the last few years :) We have a link repeater system up and down the state here that I spend most of my time on. Ive thought about going back and trying to pick up morse again but I dont know if my brain can handle any more information at this point. Im just trying to get through my classes with a passing grade. The last time I worked an HF station was several years ago at a field day. It really is a lot more fun than the rest of the bands if you ask me. Anyway if youre ever in the area give me a shout on one of the link machines around the state or if youre in the lansing area 145.390 pl 100

73s KC8LWG

Archived