CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Good bye to cadillac

Well guys i know it sounds stupid but I traded my 1994 Cadillac STS for a 1995 Ford Mustang GT convertible :unsure: But this is just kind of a summer toy I will be selling it at the end of the summer and buying another caddy I am only 16 and I am just looking for somethin to smoke the tires on and do dounuts in parking lots. Figured it would be better not to do this in the cadillac so I jumped on this offer! The mustang is beautiful i wouldnt have done it if it was not a nice car very nice 2000 cobra wheels on it the car is mint. I will have my car till June 15th than we are tradeing. I love cadillacs and i will miss mine when im driveing in the mustang but i just needed a change for a while im going to look for a diamond white 96-97 STS next fall!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

cadillac_caddy_sts,

My condolences.

Britt

Britt

HAHAHA ya guys i will miss the caddy so much but i am young and i drive young and the cadillac just wont take all the burnouts and slideing around turns like the mustang will, i no it doesnt seem like a very good reason to take this car but its not like im keeping it forever cause i do no the cadillac is a much nicer car and that i will miss it alot im just gonna drive this for 2 months and sell it! :P I am actually still thinking about it i can back out of it theres no reason why i couldnt! But a mustang with the top down sounds pretty nice.

user posted image

Just consider the depreciation on a convertible ... you've purchased in the highest season, and you want to sell it when the wind blows cold ... could be a rather expensive summer ... the perfect deal would be to drive the pony car for the summers and park it every winter .... have some safe fun :D

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

My wife and I flew to Atlanta last June. We rented a Mustang and drove it 800 miles around the southeast (visiting all her family). I was soooo glad to get back into my Eldo when we got home!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Have fun, Be safe. have fun. have fun. have fun. life is short. be safe. have fun. Heated seats? In a convertabile those would be a great thing. But.... When your honey gets cold....

Alright guys i just had that mustang for a 2 day test drive and i gotta say the looks were great but theres no way in he** im trading now! The car just wasnt comphertible at all i drove it for 2 hours in the country and when i got home i felt like i was 80 years old :P I guess I just cant go back from cadillac now ill just keep the one i have which is holding up great not one problem so far a muffler blew the first day i had it and since than only had to pay for gas and i drive that car hard :D I just love cadillacs to much to trade in on a ford mustang!

user posted image

Once you go Cadillac, you never go back. I never did. I'm not surprised you came to your senses. There is just no comparison. Be glad you had the chance to keep the Ford for 2 days. I'll bet the guy you where going to trade with is not very happy.

cadillac_caddy...what were you going to get for it on a trade?......The re-sale value of Cadillac's seems to be real low.....Low enough that I can honestly say I will never sell my Eldo.....Or trade it in. I may get what.....$7500 selling it myself...or $4000 on a trade in!!!!!???? Simply to much of a car for a measly $4000...or even $7500....I'd much rather just keep it....Forever :)....I love my Cadillac!

A.J.

Drive it like you stole it. If I was only going to be keeping a car for a couple months, I would try to demolish the powertrain and have a whole lotta fun doing so. But remember, a 4.6L Ford can not hold itself together like a 4.6L Northstar! Good luck.

Spence

Archived