CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

All dressed up with no where to go!

STS Scott

I think I should be a weather man!

I can just see it now...

"Well folks, I just spent the whole day detailing my car, so we're looking at a 110% chance of rain".

Sunday was a beautiful one here in Windsor, sunny and about 50 degrees F, so I took to the STS for the first time in a long time. I managed to keep it clean over the Winter, but It went a few months without any attention to the paint. So yesterday she got clayed, 3M Polish & Swirl remover, and topped with some S-100 Carnuba wax. It was definetly a winning combo, as the paint was right back up into shape, looking deeper and wetter than ever.

Then I wake up this morning to then sound of rain drops! Way to have a good feeling go down the drain! lol

Oh well, I guess I get to watch it bead...

I took some pics this morning, so here's some of that beading action...

post-3-1110219740_thumb.jpg

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

The wood recieved the same treatment, and is looking sharp too...

post-3-1110219939_thumb.jpg

Scott

lol, Thanks jadcock!

Cupillac,

I treat the wood the same as I do the paint, I polished with the 3M swirl remover, and then topped it with S100 wax.

Scott

I totally know what you mean, for the first time since winter came, yesterday I really spent alot of time cleaning my caddy, wheels, engine, everything.....it started pouring and hour ago <_>

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

On Saterday and Sunday it was beautiful here, so me and a buddy detailed and waxed our cars! Well sunday overnight and monday morning it went below freezing and we go hit with 8 cm of snow! The next afternoon it went back up to 3 degrees and that left the roads in a real mess! Our cars got pounded with dirt and slush on the drive to school!!!! Good thing we took some pictures! :lol:

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I know what you mean my car looks like crap now but it looked so good this weekend! At least I got a couple days in!

post-3-1110235369_thumb.jpg

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

One more for the books...

Man your car looks great! I would love to get a black STS and get those rims and badges for the back! It looks really sharp did you get those rims off cardio doc?

user posted image

One more for the books...

Man your car looks great! I would love to get a black STS and get those rims and badges for the back! It looks really sharp did you get those rims off cardio doc?

Yup, sure did!

I was browsing his auctions (there is a link on the main Caddyinfo page if you want to take a look), and he has the my exact wheels for a heck of alot less than I paid for them in the summer. They are a really good deal now, but I binged and bought them when they went even out on the new STS's yet.

Now if I could just get them shod in some nice wide, tough looking rubber. As nice as the wheels are, those tall and thin 225/60R17 tires look stoddgy to me! <_<

Scott

I know what you mean my car looks like crap now but it looked so good this weekend! At least I got a couple days in!

That's awesome! you two are lucky to have a common love for your cars like that (let alone two Sevilles!)

All of my buddies could not tell a spark plug from a cigarette lighter! The only one I have to talk "cars"with is my Dad... or my Family in Toronto! lol

You two have some stellar STSs too...

Cadillac Caddy STS,

Is that the Teal Green you have? It seems lighter than My Polo green, which can look black when it is dark.

Yenko,

Your car seems to be unique, as I don't see many Sevilles of that age with that colour.

Scott

Hey STS Scott,

What's all that white sh*t on the ground? Regular greens up in the North West here.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

On Saterday and Sunday it was beautiful here, so me and a buddy detailed and waxed our cars! Well sunday overnight and monday morning it went below freezing and we go hit with 8 cm of snow! The next afternoon it went back up to 3 degrees and that left the roads in a real mess!  Our cars got pounded with dirt and slush on the drive to school!!!! Good thing we took some pictures! :lol:

LOLOL !

For future reference . . . www.weather.com :D:D:D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

STS Scott - what model are those wheels from? Thanks!

Rick,

They are 2004 CTS wheels. This same style wheel serves as the new STS's base wheel package, only the STS bound wheels are 8 inches wide, where as mine (and the CTS's) are 7.5".

Here is a better pic, when I first bolted them up last summer...

post-3-1110316905_thumb.jpg

Scott

I might have to get some next summer myself LOL! They would look good on no matter what caddy I bought so I could keep them if I sold my car! I will keep an eye out and hopefully cardio-doc will have some when I have the money which will be in the summer! :lol:

user posted image

STS Scott - what model are those wheels from?  Thanks!

Rick,

They are 2004 CTS wheels. This same style wheel serves as the new STS's base wheel package, only the STS bound wheels are 8 inches wide, where as mine (and the CTS's) are 7.5".

Here is a better pic, when I first bolted them up last summer...

They are off the CTS? Can you buy the one's that are on the new STS? They look sweet they look really big to! I was looking at the STS the had at the dealership and was wanting some of those wheels! :D

user posted image

Well, just to clarify, the new STS has available eighteen inch, nine spoke wheels. Mine are the 17 inchers, that are the "standard" rim on the STS, but the "premium" rim style on the CTS.

I too wish I had the 8 inch wide ones, they would do alot for the stance of the car, but they weren't even out when I bought mine from cardio-doc. I was actually surprised when I picked up the 2005 STS brochure, that they were offered in the wider size (but it does make sense, of course).

Scott

Archived