CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

signal Lights

My'n are really weird on the left side it flashes slow and on the right it flashes really fast! What would the problem here be?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Really u know how to fix it? It doesn't really bother me but I am just wondering I won't pay money but if it's simple I would like to fix it!

user posted image

YOUR tail light sockets are bad, they short out inside and the result is what you are experiencing. The original ones are a piece of crap . I have listed the GM part number to replace your sockets. part number 15306194 , you will need six , three for each side. THEY come with a pig tail , and you simply cut your old ones of and replace with the new. total cost about 60.00, depending on where you get them. THE new ones are made better, i recommend the GE bulbs at WALLY WORLD, for your bulb replacement , the base contacts are oblong and this provides more contact space for the spades inside the socket. I HAD the exact same trouble you did , for 2 years, trying to fix , came across this part number at CHEROLET house and ever since i replaced them , they have never given me one bit of trouble , going on a year or so now. Save yourself the agrivation , and replace sockets, you will be forever grateful you did. GOOD LUCK.

You'll never guess what happened today i had the problem were one side of my turn signals was fast and the others were slow! Well today was driving along and I hit a pot hole and the next time I turn on my signal lights there both the same speed. I don't know if it was a quencidence or if the bump shoock something that was off into place or something i don't know but anyways problem solved!!!!! :lol:

user posted image

cadillac_caddy_sts,

Usually when your signal blinks fast, it's simply a result of a bulb being burned out. It has something to do with how the flasher works. Anyway, just turn on the signals and look at the lights from the outside. It's best to have someone else sitting in the car switching back and forth from left to right turn signals, that way you can compare the sides and see where you have a bulb that's out, since there are several bulbs.

As far as you hitting a bump. well I'll tell you what I've seen personally... The filaments in these bulbs sometimes come loose from their connections. In other words, the bulb isn't technically burned, it just has a filament that's lost it's connection inside the bulb. Of course that would make your turn signal fast, and when you hit a bump and the filament shifted and happened to fall back on it's proper connection, VOILA, you have a working bulb again and a turn signal blinking at the normal speed! The next bump you hit will probably knock it loose!

I personally like the way the signal blinks fast when a bulb is out because it's a nice little alarm to replace a bulb.... and an annoying reminder! (the fast clicking ANNOYS me!)

cadillac_caddy_sts,

Your car is eleven-years-old. Taking off the taillights is an easy task. You'll see some bulbs/sockets just ask you: "cadillac_caddy_sts, please replace me". I had a bad bulb and decided to replace it before inspection (here in PA your car may fall apart and it's fine, but if God forbid you have a bad bulb you'll never get a new sticker:lol: ).

Some bulbs were black and covered with melted grease, so I ended up replacing seven bulbs out of nine, cleaning up all sockets, putting new grease, and of course, it makes you feel good. :)

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Theres nine bulbs? :huh: Were exactly are they all located? I would like to go have a look and see what they look like and if they need to be replaced!

user posted image

Theres nine bulbs?  Were exactly are they all located? I would like to go have a look and see what they look like and if they need to be replaced!
Mine is 1991 seville. But yours is not single bulb either. :D

Take one bulb off and drive to Wal-Mart to compare with offering and buy replacement. They are cheap.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I have a 91 deville that does weird things when I use headlights, turn signals or sometimes just sitting at a stop light with the brake lights on. Could the tail light sockets be causing this? It gives the 4.9 a terrible miss, even at high speeds. Seems like the taillights or something related is the common link here. Any help would be great.

cadillac_caddy_sts,

Yeah, like adallak said, they are super cheap. I just bought a 2-pack at Autozone for around $3.

First step is figuring out what bulb(s) are out. As I suggested, it's easiest with someone else in the car pressing the brake and using the signals with the lights on.

Once you figure out which bulb needs replacing, just remove the bulb and head out to Wal-mart. I have a '96 STS and imagine the lights are constructed the same way yours is. Each assembly's bulbs are accessable once you remove the nuts on the back of the assembly (inside the trunk) and pull the assembly out (towards the outside of the car.) The nuts are hidden behind the carpet which is also held down by a plastic fastener. Fairly easy to figure out. Once you have access to the back of the assembly, unscrew the white socket that holds the bad child bulb, then unscrew the bulb from the socket. (You must press down slightly on the bulb then unscrew, kind of like a prescription bottle)

Then look at the number on the bulb's side. The packaging at the store will have this number on it, so getting the correct bulb is easy. It should be something like "2057". The store might have "2057LL" or something, which is the same.

Hope I wasn't too detailed, but it sounded like this was new to you, so I'm just walkin you thru!

Remember, don't let the bulbs appearance fool you... they won't always be burned brown!

Fred

A lot of stores have guides to find the matching bulb to you specific vehicle!

Yes but you still need to know which bulb it is that you need they don't have them all listed.

user posted image

Archived