CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Replacement leather for seats

E & G Classic

They have wha you are looking for, they have replacement leather seat covers. I priced some out for my 95 Eldorado and they seem to have pretty decent pricing. Around $800 I think. You can not buy them direct from them but they have a list of Retailers you can get their products from.

Have you tried to refurbish the covers you have at all?

Spence

Try Katzkin leather. I am not sure if they cover Caddy's, but they have a huge line of seat covers. They are not slip overs, you must remove your existing covers. I have never bought from them, but every set I have seen, has been the highest quality. Good luck

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

The problem with leather is that it's matched for each car. Some batches of leather is better than others. The driver seat--the only seat that's used--in my 99, traded in @55k, showed little wear. My 01 @67.1k isn't holding up well. (I'm as anal as it comes with all aspects about my car.) The seat has hairline cracks in the leather. It's not that bad, but in my definition the seat is a worn out pos.

Because I had to order my car, I boutht it sight unseen: I asked them about buying a car sight unseen and any issues I would have with the car. After all, once I signed the paperwork, the puppy was mine.

Based on the quality of my trade in--mint+--it was a no brainer that I was/am a major @$$hole when it comes to my cars. They assured me that any problems with the new car would be addressed. The fist thing I said was that the seats suck because it was obvious that the quality of the leather wasn't the high quality of my 99's. I bitched, they said they were fine, I bitched, they said they were fine, I bitched, and as polite as they could, they finally told me that I wasn't going to get new seats, so I might as well quit bitching. So here I am with a trashed driver's seat, trashed meaning my @$$hole definition of trash.

I would strongly recomend that anyone who has to order a car hold off on the signature line until you look the car over. If I had seen the car, I would have told them that if they wanted to sell it to me, I'd need one with higher quality leather.

What I'll probally end up doing is checking out bone yards. I'm almost postive that there isn't a left and right cover, so if you can find a good match, either cover will probally work. Oh, it's a peice of cake to install the cover.

I am replacing the seat covers because they are trashed. They have had bad cracks on both front seats and not that it has gotten cold, I have noticed a few tears in the drivers seat.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

an01sts Posted on Jan 8 2005, 10:12 PM

The driver seat--the only seat that's used--in my 99, traded in @55k, showed little wear. My 01 @67.1k isn't holding up well. (I'm as anal as it comes with all aspects about my car.) The seat has hairline cracks in the leather. It's not that bad, but in my definition the seat is a worn out pos.

Are your seats so far gone that the leather conditoners out there won't help. This topic comes up occasionall, so I'm guessing something may be in the archives about this.

Jim

Is it possible to get the seats Re Applolstered! I dont know if I spelled that right! If so how much would it cost! :huh:

Thats is not cheap I know someone with a mustang they wanted to get the front ones done and it was like 480 dollars!! If you wanted all the seates it would prob be more!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Really I expected It to be more than that! :o

I thought that was alot for litle Mustang seats lol With the Cadillacs there is probly some kind of special material needed for the heated seats or something lol Just kiddin :lol: I have no idea but it would not surprise me!!!!!!!!!!!

user posted image

I have drivin in a mustang before! There is no reason why the seats would be that much smaller!

Ya but theres something that tells me the seats in your 93 sts woruld be much more to get the quality leather thats in it now for a price like that I think it would be much more!

user posted image

Yeah I agree with you there!

I could be wrong it's just what i figured someone can correct me if i'm wrong lol!

user posted image

Hey Yenko check ur email theres a site on there that can help your question!

user posted image

Hey Jim:

I don't think that conditioning them--well it--is the answer. Compared to my 99, the leather in my 01 isn't as a good of quality. I'm anal about maintaing my cars and put forth more effort than most people do with maintainance. Leather is pretty tough, and you don't have to do a lot to keep it looking good for many years. Of couse, it has to be quality leather, something my car doesn't have because I bitched about it from day one. I wished that I hadn't signed the line before I bought it. That way, I could have said, "I'll take the car if it the same quality of leather was in my 99." Also, I have taken better care of this leather than the 99 because I knew it was ****** quality.

When I traded in my 99 with about 55k, they said that they usually didn't sell cars on their used car lots with over 50k. They said that they would make an exception with mine because it was mint in every aspect. The driver's seat showed virtually zero wear. My 01 is shot--and was shot at 55k--compared to my 99's seat.

I tried to get a good picture of the cracks but my antique digital camera doesn't take good pictures with a flash. (darn! I didn't realise that I had such an acclumination of ashes.) As you can see by the color of the seat (67.2k) this seat has had its fair share of care. Inside each of the creases there are hairline cracks. It pisses me of even when I think about it. (The passenger seat is near mint, because I seldom have a passenger in the car. The back seats are mint because they have only been sat on about 6 or 7 times.)

Cadillacjeff:

I was window shoppin' on eBay last night, and I saw seats from Cadillacs. I don't remember which seats were which, but I saw complete front and backs--I think for something like a couple of hunderd dollars. What you do is watch eBay until you see something that interest you. Ask the seller that if you win the auction, will they remove the covers, ship them to you, and chunk the cusions and frames.

Look around at bone yards too and plug "used Cadillac parts" into a search engine. The covers are a peice of cake to remove and replace. There are little wires called hog rings that clamp the cover to the frame. You simply remove the rings, slide the old covers off, pull the new covers on, and clamp them down with hog rings. If you have enough skill to unbolt the seats, you have enough skill to install covers. I'm almost postive that the left and right covers are interchangeble.

post-3-1105591210.jpg

WOW, that is bad. My 1998 STS has creases in the leather, but no actual cracks. They get dirt in there, and then you have to clean them really well. My friends 1995 Deville Concours makes my seats feel like crap. On the other hand, when I ride in his parents 2002 DTS, it's like sitting on a park bench compared to my car. I think that the quality of the leather used has slowly declined over the past couple of years. It seems to be getting less soft, and more susceptible to crack and wear. This is one thing, which I really don't like about the new cars. Cadillac seems to be getting really cheap, with the leather they buy for their cars. If it's gonna cost $50,000 , it might as well have nice seats.

Archived