CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Replacement leather for seats

I tried to get a good picture of the cracks but my antique digital camera doesn't take good pictures with a flash. (darn! I didn't realise that I had such an acclumination of ashes.) As you can see by the color of the seat (67.2k) this seat has had its fair share of care. Inside each of the creases there are hairline cracks. It pisses me of even when I think about it. (The passenger seat is near mint, because I seldom have a passenger in the car. The back seats are mint because they have only been sat on about 6 or 7 times.)

The hairline cracks can be repaired since the cracks are in the finish not the leather. It involves stripping the finish off the seats, sanding, filling the cracks and applying new finish. If you're interested, I can get you the information on the process.

IPB Image

Really I expected It to be more than that!  :o

I thought that was alot for litle Mustang seats lol With the Cadillacs there is probly some kind of special material needed for the heated seats or something lol Just kiddin :lol: I have no idea but it would not surprise me!!!!!!!!!!!

It WILL be more than that! Nice thread thogh, I was interested in the same thing. Wonder if anyone will get anywhere with this. Be nice to be able to self install a new set of skins. But then there would be a break in period eh?

Mike

Archived