CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

****Cadillac STS-V*****

Cadillac STS

If it has caddies current resale value......dirt cheap!

Fortunately for us, Americans don't believe in their own product. Anything from Japan has just GOT to be better. Interestingly, it's the Cadillacs and Buicks that are the "exotic" marques over there.

I always take my vehicles personally, and consider them as part of the family. I can never understand someone including resale value as part of a purchase decision, but I recognize that not all people see vehicles as I do. I'm a "buy it and maintain it and keep it for years" kind of person. Fortunately, not all of us are, so when I do want a vehicle (like a Seville), I can find one that someone threw away because the resale was poor. It's like the only reason they choose a car is because of a status symbol -- if it's not worth much in the resale market, then they somehow look bad driving it.

Uh...back on track...that STS-V looks great. I like that Supercharged emblem on the side. I still think the upcoming CTS is what the STS should have been from the start. And the Mercedes CLS is what the next Deville should be...perhaps with a bit edgier styling. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

>I always take my vehicles personally, and consider them as part of the family. I can never understand someone including resale value as part of a purchase decision, but I recognize that not all people see vehicles as I do. I'm a "buy it and maintain it and keep it for years" kind of person.<

You and I share the same philosophy there, Jason.

I couldn't give a rodent’s posterior what the resale value of a car is when I buy it. As long as I admire that particular piece of work is all that matters.

I've based a heck of a collection over the years on that, and never lost... ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

I couldn't afford a new one thats for sure, if I'm every lucky enough it would be to consider purchasing one used. Thats the only way I could see myself behind the wheel. Weather to purchase or not is a no brainer for me.

sebring06RTP.jpg

Thats awsome is that going to be in production? It looks amayzing is that a Northsatrar supercharged engine????????? I wonder how much $$$$$$$ it will be in 10 years. HA HA HA HA

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I don't know guys. I still prefer the older look. These new CTS and STS are just too "mad max" to me, with all the hard edges, and besides that, from the side it looks like another Infinity G35. I was actually hoping to see more of a classy look. Performance wise, it is a great car, but this look just does not appeal to me. Just my $0.02. I hope I did not offend anybody.

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

"...but I cant help but think it is missing something for the price these things list for...."

Such as....?

Dont get me wrong, I love it and its probably the best american luxo sport sedan out there....actually it is.....but to me its missing a certain extra something in the interior....seems to 45 thousandish.......my mother did like it in the showroom the other day though...

---Im with both of you to a certain point on what was said.....I too believe in the buy it and keep it mantra but its just not that easy for some cars.....for instance...our 2001 BMW 3 series convert......without a warrenty it just wouldnt be practicle to keep imo.....we bought an extra 2 yr warrenty for this exact reason......while mother is trying to determine her next car....(Porsche Boxster, MB SLK350) I keep telling her to get a yr old 2005 Vette...........so what it only has a 3 yr warrenty.......Vettes are RELIABLE and your able to keep them forever and they are actually very practicle........ive come to discover that like you said...americans do not believe in their own product......we have had almost all american cars over the last 15 yrs and every single one has been trouble free...yet now that we have a BMW and other family members with Benz and infiniti ext.....ive come to realize that its just the opposite of what we have been preached to believe......foreign cars are outrageously expensive to replace parts for.....

I believe the new wave of American cars....say 1990-now are gonna be the drive it until it blows cars....while the Japanese and euro cars are gonna turn into the "blows 2 yrs after buying cars"

I don't know guys. I still prefer the older look. These new CTS and STS are just too "mad max" to me, with all the hard edges, and besides that, from the side it looks like another Infinity G35. I was actually hoping to see more of a classy look. Performance wise, it is a great car, but this look just does not appeal to me. Just my $0.02. I hope I did not offend anybody.

you darn well did offend me..whats wrong with you?

Your hate isn't welcomed here :angry:

:D:P jk

ive come to realize that its just the opposite of what we have been preached to believe......foreign cars are outrageously expensive to replace parts for.....

In doing research to buy our minivan, I found a lot of noise about the FWD Chrysler transmissions. Having known a lot of people who never had problems with theirs, and having visit places like allpar.com where they guys say that as long as I use the right fluid and change it regularly I should be okay, I felt reassured in our decision to buy one. The most interesting thing I came across, however, is how bad the FWD Honda transmissions are...in the Accord and Odyssey, etc. I found just as many instances where those have been replaced by Honda under warranty because of failure.

But the media has went on and on about how reliable Japanese cars are...and tons of people have bought them on that advice. How could they then come back and say, "look, I paid way too much for my vehicle because it's Japanese and I still have problems with it." They've gotta save face, and because of that, you don't hear too much about major problems with foreign vehicles because the owners are too embarassed to admit when they happen.

I think too many American auto makers sell their cars on value. Japanese have historically sold their cars on quality. Marketing departments can play a huge role in shifting people's perceptions, so as Honda sells their cars on quality, people do believe that they're better cars, and probably maintain them better because they perceive the value to be higher. Likewise, you can go into a Chevy dealer and get many of their cars for a song. The price is cheaper, but the fabrics are also cheaper and not as soft, etc. The switches are usually cheaper feeling. Classic case is a Cavalier or a Saturn vs. a Civic. There really is no comparison. You get off cheap up front, but the perceived value is also lower, so you probably don't maintain it as well, or even think of it as a "throw away" car, even though with proper maintenance, it would drive just as far and perform just as well.

My neighbor across the street has two BMWs. A 528 and an X5. Both have had their share problems. But you know what...that's just "part of owning an exclusive brand like BMW". B.S. If they were a Chevy Impala and a Trailblazer, had had the same problems, they'd be POSes.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I agree 100% with you....because we drive a BMW the service department assumes its just fine for it to have annoyances all the time from electric parts to transmission jumping....

I think I have the perfect point of view because we went from a Ford Thunderbird...to a BMW 325CiC...(we won it) and while I love the BMW alot to me its SO darn OVERRATED.....cmon....it drives like a dream when you want it to....but when you least expect it...your taillights burn out every month, transmission jump at 40mph, requireing transmission reflash, radio presets set themselves...rims loose their finish...and BMW refuses to replace under warrenty at 2 yrs old.....ext

Media has percieved American as $hit and foreign as top dogg....but they never seem to say this long term....I look at long term varibles when it comes to cars.....not my first drive...cmon...be practicle...

Final case......Ford VOLUNTARILY recalled all 111 Ford GTs on the road to fix what they thought could turn out to be a problem with the tie rods......................ALL OVER THE INTERNET NOW I SEE, and people dare to complain.......Now go look at the technical service bullitns for Ferraris and Lamborghinis.......the list goes on for multiple pages, and the concerns are very serius safety issues too.

Case end point, the media has control over what americans buy and that really sucks because it does effect everyone here.

440 HP? According to the Cadillac website 405 HP, 385 lb.ft torque. Couldn't find the actual torque curve. Eitherway, still a lot of power for a 279 cu/in engine.

I was looking at a magazine yeaterday that was comparing a Pontiac GTO, STS-V and a Dodgem Magnum SRT8 (6.1 L Hemi). All of them had at least 400 HP, and they all were within a tick of each other.

Jim

Wait until the new Z06 Vette comes out. 500 Horse BABY! I think it is going to be a stroked version of the LS2 that is going to be like 7.0 litres! I'll take an AWD CTS-V with that motor in it please! I guess they'll never have an AWD CTS... but it'd be nice!

I see that there are superchargers availible for CTS-V's already, so I guess I'd just put one of those on and just replace rear tires every 3 months!

That 6.1 Litre engine in the Magnum R/T's is a super motor too, but in testing they had a bad habbit of spaying their lower ends out on the pavement when pushed. (I know a Daimler engine developement guy) I guess as long as it's under warranty....

440HP @ 6400RPM

430Tq @ 3600RPM

12PSI boost Roots type

GM 6L80 6 Speed Auto

255/45R 18's FRONT.......275/40-19s REAR

So 320 hp with a 12 psi blower makes 440 hp? 120 hp from 12 psi of boost seems less than the 190 hp chrfab gets from a 12 psi blower on hotrod northstars.

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/...rth/index2.html

I guess it is much better than the 40 hp a blower added to the 200 hp 3800 series though.

Still, if it is bullet proof should make a terrific STS. All that torque down at 3600 rpm is a great way to make a car that is fun to drive.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Yea I was thinkin the same exact thing.....with the stronger internals it should be easy to increase boost to around 15-17 lbs and make around 520HP with other work.....I can see Linginfelter or others doing this.

Archived