CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help Please!!! 2004 Cadillac Head Gasket failure

I recently (2 months ago) moved to GA from CT and I am in desperate need of a reliable mechanic in the Georgia that can repair my engine. I'm looking to have it repaired with Norm-serts or either Northstar performance studs. Please, does anyone know of anyone that could do this job anywhere in the area or surrounding states? Any help/leads is appreciated.

This is the first 2004 on this board that has had headgasket issues. How was the problem diagnosed and pinpointed to the headgaskets?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I have probably completed 2 dozen 04-05 Cadillac , Pontiac and Buick Lucerne with head gasket problems. The problem is with the coarse bolt the 11 x 2.0 the bolts are loosing torque overtime and loosening up. In addition to Dexcool is eating up the head gasket.

I can fix your car no problem looking at 1800$. There is a gut in GA who is doing these repairs too but I am unsure of the quality of work.

If history is any indicator....there will be Northstar head bolt issues on the 2004 and newer.

Can't help you with the studs....but I do rent the Kent Moore J-42385-2030 tool for the 2004 and newer factory timesert repair.

http://www.ledfix.com/j42385toolrental.html

How was the problem diagnosed and pinpointed to the headgaskets?

**Dye kit turned bluish green on 2 of 6 tests (back of bottle says that's not a positive though) But, I still suspect head gaskets because all the symptoms point to it.

I can fix your car no problem looking at 1800$. There is a gut in GA who is doing these repairs too but I am unsure of the quality of work.

**I have seen your website online, with good reviews, but the cost of shipping/driving vehicle to IN isn't cost effective for me now. Would you be willing to share contact info for guy in GA?

Have you ruled out a clogged surge line, bad cap, 50/50 coolant, water pump tensioner, cooling fans, etc. first? Did you check your coolant for exhaust gasses with the dye kit?

**Surge line flowing, but have yet to remove "bolt with a hole" (don't know if it's necessary as it's flowing?), Changed out the cap to OEM cap, Cooling fans are kicking on, Waterpump is flowing, have yet to test tensioner (how?), dye kit turned bluish green on 2 of 6 tests (back of bottle says that's not a positive though)

Can't help you with the studs....but I do rent the Kent Moore J-42385-2030 tool for the 2004 and newer factory timesert repair.

**Doing the work myself isn't an option, but thanks just the same.

Archived