CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

GM to splurge $12 billion to fund new Cadillac models by 2020

DETROIT (Bloomberg) -- General Motors, working to revive its slumping Cadillac luxury brand, plans to spend $12 billion to develop eight new models by 2020 and two more in the next decade, the brands chief said.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20150112/OEM02/150119919/gm-to-splurge-12-billion-to-fund-new-cadillac-models-by-2020

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I hope that (Cadillac) is on the right track, because, even as other car companies have better emerged from the 'great recession', other than a few triumphs, Cadillac has been more rhetoric than product (relatively speaking when compared to their competition). Too much, "it's coming", i.e., the CT6 should have been the new 'flagship' (called whatever, and based on the Elmiraj, a smaller and a larger CUV (than the SRX) should be 'in the market' or at least close to market (or at least an updated SRX). Just a few of my thoughts and as always JMO.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

I would LOVE to see Cadillac bring back a classic style full size Fleetwood with rear wheel drive with the beautiful classic interiors and all the chrome bumpers and trim on the exterior.

Like the late 80's and early 90's.

12 billion....wow. All of Saturn was only 5.

Unrelated...As for chrome bumpers...the EPA has helped get rid of them. Heavy metals etc...nearly impossible to make them in the US due to enviromental regulations.

There are kits for Mustangs and Challengers to add that classic mid 60s chrome bumper look.

post-2-0-57240000-1421558120_thumb.jpg

Another thought on Cadillac (in general): they shouldn't have a 'standard' model; to me that implies a regularity to the brand, and this, especially when the next model offer is 'luxury' alludes that the 'standard' is not. Luxury should be the default (lowest offering); then offer upgrades to: 'performance', 'premium' and 'platinum' (if they just must). I know they are just words (describing packages) but those words have meanings both real and connotative. Or maybe leave out the descriptor of 'luxury', just call it by its name, then use the better description of packages, above the base model (and for heaven's sake, don't use the word base either).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived