CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

replace fuel injectors

jayHunt

You have throttle body injection. It's possible that it the primary injector is clogged a bit and not putting out a uniform flow. But a clean old fuel injector is as good as a new one if it's working properly. Try a can of Techron in a half tank of gas to clean the injectors.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

is there anyway that replacing the fuel injectors with newer ones could improve mpg?

The short answer is "no".... if it were that simple, the car would have come from the factory with replacement inlectors that gave better MPG.

You have throttle body injection. It's possible that it the primary injector is clogged a bit and not putting out a uniform flow. But a clean old fuel injector is as good as a new one if it's working properly. Try a can of Techron in a half tank of gas to clean the injectors.

The 4.9 engine has always been a multiport fuel injected engine.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

yes but the member has a fleetwood which should have a 5.0/5.7l v8. which would have TBI.

I agree run a bottle of techron chevron and see if it gets better. They dont get anymore efficient

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

yes but the member has a fleetwood which should have a 5.0/5.7l v8. which would have TBI.

I agree run a bottle of techron chevron and see if it gets better. They dont get anymore efficient

The member has a '92 Fleetwood which was the FWD car with the 4.9 engine. The 5.0 and 5.7 engine was used in the RWD car which was the Brougham/Brougham d'Elegance in 1992. Starting with 1993, they began calling the RWD car the Fleetwood/Fleetwood Brougham.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Oh ok. I was misunderstood. Thanks,

The most confusion was in 1985 and 1986 - the Fleetwood d'Elegance was a FWD car but the Fleetwood Brougham and Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance were RWD cars.

Cadillac named the RWD cars Brougham and Brougham d'Elegance starting in 1987 and just when the public (and the parts stores) got used to that, the all-new Fleetwood and Fleetwood Brougham replaced the Brougham and Brougham d'Elegance respectively.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I will be honest alot of people still think the 90s cadillacs are RWD. I have people ask me all the time if mine are RWD. I look at them funny because by the 80s most were FWD.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

If you already run premium gas and use a top-tier brand like Sunoco, Shell, Exxon, etc. you have enough Techron in your gas to keep your injectors and throttle body clean. If you've been running regular, definitely try a bottle of Techron. You can get it at auto parts stores or at a GM dealer parts department.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I will be honest alot of people still think the 90s cadillacs are RWD. I have people ask me all the time if mine are RWD. I look at them funny because by the 80s most were FWD.

1985 model year, most were FWD. The only one that was RWD was the Fleetwood Brougham/Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance.

Some people still think Cadillacs get 10 MPG also.... I run into that a lot.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I also run into a lot of people who say ( He's got an old gas hog Cadillac) then they find out my Cadillac gets as good or better mileage than their rice burning Subaru or Toyota !!!

Archived