CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1951 Psychobilly Cadillac HOT ROD Homecoming Staff Pick

1951-cadillac-profile.jpg

Its hard to get the HOT ROD staff to agree on anything, let alone being unanimous in their selection of Mike Podacas 51 Cadillac as the recipient of a feature. The staff was tasked to pick a car from the hundreds of entrants jammed around the Fairplex in Pomona, California, at the HOT ROD Homecoming celebrating the magazines 65th anniversary last year. What makes this an even odder choice is that the Cad falls into the custom-car category, which doesnt get a lot of love from HOT ROD. Not that we dont love a cool custom, it just seems that 700 hp typically trumps 700 body mods.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/1407_1951_psychobilly_cadillac/

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

That's a truly beautiful silhouette, but the ground clearance is so low that it can't drive over a kitchen match without striking it.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

That's a truly beautiful silhouette, but the ground clearance is so low that it can't drive over a kitchen match without striking it.

It has adjustable air ride shocks to raise it up when actually driving it.

Posted Image

Oh, then in the picture, it's just resting, like a cat.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Oh, then in the picture, it's just resting, like a cat.

Yep... :)

from the article...

Mike installed the air-ride system backed by a dash-mounted Easy Street computer controller for ease of driving when practicality is needed, and that low-down look the staff was first drawn to.

Posted Image

Archived