CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AIR pump correct part number

Looking for the correct part number. I cannot find the correct answer and i hope someone knows. according to GM there is a modification to the air intake on the AIR pump so not to suck in water. I need the pump and i also need the intake modification. I plan on keeping the car for years so its worth the repair so I know when the service engine light i have a real problem. I have it narrowed down to two part numbers 19303241 as secondary air injection pump and 19303240 secondary air injection pump inlet hose. the cost tells me the 240 includes the pump? I cannot find a straight answer. these numbers are from GM parts direct.

Can someone tell me if i need both parts? if so, it just might not be worth it.

There is a bulletin about the air pump and intake tube. # 02-06-04-0246. These part #'s are from the bulletin. The bulletin is from 2005 and the part #s may have changed...dont know. They do not seem to match gmpartsdirect.

Part Number
Description

Pump Asm - Secondary AIR (Eldorado Only)

Pump AIR and Hose Asm - Secondary AIR Pump (Inlet) (Aurora, DeVille and SLS or STS)

Pump AIR and Hose Asm - Secondary AIR Pump (Inlet) KIT (2004 SLS/STS only)

AIR Pump Inlet Filter - Kit (Eldorado Only)

I searched the 2011 SI DVD and turned up the same bulletin":

#02-06-04-024G: Service Engine Soon (SES)/Check Engine Light MIL Illuminated, Secondary Air Injection Reaction (AIR) Pump Ingesting Water, DTC P0410 Set (Replace Secondary Air Pump/Inlet Hose Assembly or Filter Kit) - (Jun 5, 2006)

Logan gives the part numbers for the parts kits. Labor is given as 0.9 hours, so with the proper tools and perhaps a lift it is not a big job. Substituting jack stands or ramps for a lift and working under the car on a creeper, and doing the job yourself for the first and only time can take a couple of hours, not counting coffee breaks and runs for parts or tools.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I plugged your Part Number 19515548 into Amazon and and it came up with Part number 215-617...

Picture is in the link below.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NW6Y14/?tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=3484144208&ref=pd_sl_9gc2lsoqr3_ee

I used part number 215-617 at Rock Auto and came up with this...

ACDELCO Part # 19303240 {#19515548, 215617} Improved Design with Revised Inlet Hose Category: Air (Smog) Pump (Only 4 Remaining)

It appears that the two part numbers are interchangeable...but I am nit sure of that.

I would call my Cadillac Parts Department and find out what part number THEY have listed for it.

If the number I used is correct, Amazon is $161 and Rock Auto is $205...

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

How about the 5549? The part numbers in the TSB were ambiguous for the SLS/STS, and it looks like the right part number is probably 19515549. Rock Auto and GM Parts Direct say that GM crosses this over to a "second design" part number 19303241 with a price of $218 (!!) from Rock Auto, more from GM Parts Direct.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived