CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How the 2014 Cadillac CTS Upped My Driving Game

No, well talk about something that few if any have talked about when it comes to what the CTS does. It dramatically upgrades the person who is driving it in so many ways, that it would be very possible that I leave some of the cars more impressive features and benefits out of this story.

Read more: http://technorati.com/lifestyle/autos/article/how-the-2014-cadillac-cts-upped/

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Interesting. The only cars that I have heard writers say improves their driving are older Porsche 911's and such, twitchy ultra-cornering and braking machines that let you extend the envelope noticeably. So, the new CTS is such a machine, only without the twitchy back end.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

From the sound of this write-up, the Turbo4 RWD may become my choice of engines for this car. I like the V Sport, but would really like to get a bit more fuel economy on the highway. I plan to test drive a CTS when I get back home. If the dealer offers me a reasonable trade in for the DTS we might have a deal. ELR is now out of the running.

Test drove a '14 BMW 528 twin turbo 4 the other day, (and an X3 w/same engine) was NOT impressed with either. The engine was good, but that's where it ended. To make matters worse, I was offered $13,000 trade in on the DTS! I'm pretty sure they sell for around $20,000 right now. Keep in mind that it's showroom condition and 32,000 miles.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I look forward to your test drive report. I like the 2L turbo and 30+ mpg but the 3.6L turbo and 25 mpg may be good enough highway for my needs.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Trade in to a dealer is $13,000 to $14,000

I understand all of that. However, the JohnnyG book reads a little differently. If you go to any used car website, such as Cars.com and redirect to any local dealership, you'll see the sales pricing for this car at around $19,000 - $20,000. I also understand that profit is not a dirty word, so all the dealership has to do is explain the difference. Nor do I buy the old song and dance from KBB and others that they must "thoroughly inspect" and prep the car for the sales lot. This car doesn't need tires, doesn't need an oil change, nothing. Maybe vacuum the sand off the floor mats.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived