CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

HAPPY CAMPER

voicepro

...first, thanks to all on these forums. Great information to be had for this newbie owner

of an older model (a '98 DeVille d'Elegance).

...and I'm very pleased to be able to read and understand the OBD codes, thanks to

that on-board computer and some interpretation by other members.

...I recently took a trip to Texas and back to Memphis -- about 1,200 miles, round-trip --

without a hitch and got 24.7 MPG on the road...and would have done better, but for

all those little Texas towns where you have to slow to 30 or 35 every few miles. And

I'm getting 18.7 around town right now. Even burning Premium, I'm liking this a lot

and am impressed, since I wasn't expecting that kind of mileage.

...two days ago the car started idling rough and the Service Engine light came on

and started blinking. I ran the codes...and this morning I replaced all the ignition

coils. Took me an hour...but I'm a beginner and was being very careful not to lose

track of an ignition wire's position.

...test drive was great! I got back all the zip this car is supposed to have, I have a

smooth idle at 650 RPM or thereabouts, and found myself doing 70 in a 55 zone

without even realizing it. Good thing the local constabulary was having lunch at

the time...!

...so hats off to this Northstar engine, the on-board diagnostics, and to the good

information provided so willingly by members of this forum.

Always wonderful to see a post with good news. I love to travel with my cadillacs, and I love to laugh at the priuses as I roar my v8 flying by them, Its funny as I picture them blowing off the road like a piece of paper lol.

The best to you and your Cadillac. Now out with the pics :yupi3ti:

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

...one other thought...purely subjective...about Cadillac designs.

...my favorite would be that old box-back style...a Seville, I think it was. When I

first saw one, I thought the designers had lost their minds and produced one of

the ugliest things on the road.

...but the more I saw of them, the better I like it: that long sweep of the car's flanks

around the passenger compartment back to the bold statement of the rectangular

boxy trunk -- sorta harkened back to older days and earlier automobiles.

...so due respect to owners of the newer models, one reason I like my older '98

is because to my eye, it still LOOKS like a Cadillac.

I would like to get a 2004 DTS in red or triple black. I have a soft spot for that particular year

GM FAN FOREVER

...tell you what, Texas Jim...I don't have a digital camera compatible with my new computer, and I don't have a smart phone (some concessions to "modernity" I just won't make).

But I have friends who have these gizmos, and I'll borrow one and shoot some pictures of my '98 and post them when I do. I happen to think it's a really nice-looking model.

...tell you what, Texas Jim...I don't have a digital camera compatible with my new computer, and I don't have a smart phone (some concessions to "modernity" I just won't make).

But I have friends who have these gizmos, and I'll borrow one and shoot some pictures of my '98 and post them when I do. I happen to think it's a really nice-looking model.

LOL... I just got my first "SMART PHONE" last year...

Up till then I was using a Nokia I got way back in about 1997 or 1998...

In fact, I still have it... :)

I wasn't saying I didn't like the '98...

I "DO" like that body style... and I would like to see pictures of yours.

If you have a digital camera with the "MINI" USB port... Radio shack carries a pretty wide range of cables for them.

You plug one end into the camera and the other end into the USB port on your computer.

The computer will then see the memory card on the camera as another drive.

Assuming you have a "C" hard disk and a "D" CD/DVD, the computer will see the camera as "E"...

But you probably knew all of that already... LOL

Posted Image

I'll be heading to my pal's for the NASCAR event tomorrow evening (includes dinner and

a pass or two at his bar). One of the several cameras he owns (retired catalogue and

illustrative photographer of forty years) is one of those PHH jobs. "Push Here, Honey."

And then you pop the little camera chip out and jam it into the side of the computer

and play all the Photoshop games you care to.

Also a good excuse for me to run the car through a wash. Haven't taken the time this

week, and I'm ashamed...in fact, was going to do it today, but experimented with some

fried chicken last evening and wound up spending my day degreasing the entire kitchen.

Small wonder, the success of KFC and Church's. I won't try it again.

BTW, just got word that my first book is in the hands of the printers, but is already on

the Net as a PDF file for those who care to get their reading fix via technology instead

of a comforting handful of paper pulp. Here's the link in case you care to take a look:

http://www.blurb.com/pdf_book/275022/download?expires=1378583929&signature=279883fedef55de33dd32d67a32df18477ee715c

I can hardly wait to hold the real deal in my hot little hands and dogear the pages and

spill an adult beverage on it while reading and brush the crumbs off the pages and.....

I'll be heading to my pal's for the NASCAR event tomorrow evening (includes dinner and

a pass or two at his bar). One of the several cameras he owns (retired catalogue and

illustrative photographer of forty years) is one of those PHH jobs. "Push Here, Honey."

And then you pop the little camera chip out and jam it into the side of the computer

and play all the Photoshop games you care to.

Also a good excuse for me to run the car through a wash. Haven't taken the time this

week, and I'm ashamed...in fact, was going to do it today, but experimented with some

fried chicken last evening and wound up spending my day degreasing the entire kitchen.

Small wonder, the success of KFC and Church's. I won't try it again.

BTW, just got word that my first book is in the hands of the printers, but is already on

the Net as a PDF file for those who care to get their reading fix via technology instead

of a comforting handful of paper pulp. Here's the link in case you care to take a look:

http://www.blurb.com/pdf_book/275022/download?expires=1378583929&signature=279883fedef55de33dd32d67a32df18477ee715c

I can hardly wait to hold the real deal in my hot little hands and dogear the pages and

spill an adult beverage on it while reading and brush the crumbs off the pages and.....

Now, THAT'S the way I like to read.... :)

Posted Image

Lol I dont even know what a smartphone is. But the camera on my phone is very much used for the moments I dont have a camera. I love to snap lots of pictures.

GM FAN FOREVER

Lol I dont even know what a smartphone is. But the camera on my phone is very much used for the moments I dont have a camera. I love to snap lots of pictures.

The phone I used before I got the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket was so old it didn't even HAVE a camera... LOL

it was like this one... a Nokia 3560...

thidH_zps903b5a9b.jpg

Posted Image

...my d'Elegance has a phone setup, but I have the phone itself in the trunk. Haven't even plugged it in. My guess is that it would require a paid service to put in operation,

and with cellphones these days...well, it just doesn't seem necessary. It's set up for hands-free operation, though, so someone was thinking smart when they included

it in the car's package.

The FCC discontinued service on 2001 prior vehicles. Therefore onstar and cellular service will not work.

My SLS has 3. All are unusable. It has hands free, handheld in console, and onstar. It is still new because it has never been used. I cant bring myself to remove it though, But I do wish I could switch the steering wheel buttons to work for the Climate control, but my research tells me it is not possible.

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived