CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

03 Deville electrical problems after repair

rayban

Greetings,

I had the following work done at my regular mechanic. Rear shocks replaced, front pass wheel bearing, and new front brake pads.

When I got the car back, the passenger window and drivers side window now opperate together and the passenger window button dosen't work. Also the PS door lock button is inopperative and the PS mirror doesn't move.

All these things were fine when i took the car in. The mechanic said he didn't do anything out of the oridinary with the electrical system and I tend to believe him. Anyway, does anyone have any theories as to what might have happened to my poor Caddy. These items aren't critical, just annoying. And one other item, on his scanner he showed a B1007 EEPROM write error.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would try resetting the battery. The network can get confused and create problems. A good example is a radio that turns on...but has no sound.

Logan,

When yo say reset the battery, I'll assume you mean disconnect it for a while. Can I do this under the hood or must it be done at the battery? Sorry for the dumb question, I'm a newbie. Thanks.

At the battery under the back seat cushion. Just resetting the battery will likely fix the problem.

Hello,

That did the trick. I disconnected the battery under the seat and all the missing functions came back.

Thanks for all the replies I received. This is a great resource.

Archived