CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Oh snow

rockfangd

Ok I have an issue with my 96 Deville and have seen on various Devilles from 1994-1999. wondering if something is missing or if it is just how it is.

when it snows it gets in between the fender and front clip, I should take a picture it might make more sense. the snow gets all over the door hinges, etc... at the front doors. the snow gets in at the bottom corners of the windshield where the hood hinges are. epecially when the wipers are used or when I brush off the car. It freezes in there and dries off the hinges and I have to lubricate them more often.

Maybe it is just me but I do not recall any other car I have ever had having this problem, I am sure other people haave noticed this, Need some opinions on this. I can post a pic if necessary but I dont think this is just me. Im all ears

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I think I know what you are talking about. My 96 had a 6 to 8 inch rubber barrier at each end of the rubber seal below the window that I had to glue into place. Are those in place?, if not leaves and snow will get into the engine compartment

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

yes they are both in place, those are actually under the hood. this is between the fender and front door on both sides, tomorrow I will try to get a good pic as there is snow and ice in there now

GM FAN FOREVER

Ok I have an issue with my 96 Deville and have seen on various Devilles from 1994-1999. wondering if something is missing or if it is just how it is.

when it snows it gets in between the fender and front clip, I should take a picture it might make more sense. the snow gets all over the door hinges, etc... at the front doors. the snow gets in at the bottom corners of the windshield where the hood hinges are. epecially when the wipers are used or when I brush off the car. It freezes in there and dries off the hinges and I have to lubricate them more often.

Maybe it is just me but I do not recall any other car I have ever had having this problem, I am sure other people haave noticed this, Need some opinions on this. I can post a pic if necessary but I dont think this is just me. Im all ears

Yep, I know exactly what you're talking about. It is getting to be quite a pain this year.

-Dusty-

2006 Cadillac DTS Glacier Gold Tri-Coat with 175,000 miles

1993 Cadillac Sixty Special Gold Mist with 185,000 miles

Yep, I know exactly what you're talking about. It is getting to be quite a pain this year.

I don't have a problem with snow getting in there on my car...

OH WAIT...... I am in Texas... we don't have snow....never mind...:yupi3ti:

Posted Image

I have also noticed it on my '97 DeVille, but I have not had any major trouble from it - I lube the hinges about once per year, and it's fine. And we have had a lot of snow the last two winters over here in Sweden. But sure, it would of course have been better if the snow did not get there at all.

haha, you be quiet!

We get to enjoy -20F tomorrow. That ought to be fun... :wipetears

-Dusty-

2006 Cadillac DTS Glacier Gold Tri-Coat with 175,000 miles

1993 Cadillac Sixty Special Gold Mist with 185,000 miles

haha, you be quiet!

We get to enjoy -20F tomorrow. That ought to be fun... :wipetears

It is 58 here right now... with bright sunshine.

Real pretty day.. :)

Posted Image

You are extremely lucky,Jim, O to live where you all are at....you wouldn't believe how hard it is to keep your car clean and salt free here in southern Ontario!! ^_^

look1-1-1.jpg

try upstate NY.lets us taxpayers pay for all of the salt that gets dumped everywhere.

Anyhow it is quite the nuicanse as it freezes at the bottom of the doors and causes issues

GM FAN FOREVER

You are extremely lucky,Jim, O to live where you all are at....you wouldn't believe how hard it is to keep your car clean and salt free here in southern Ontario!! ^_^

try upstate NY.lets us taxpayers pay for all of the salt that gets dumped everywhere.

Anyhow it is quite the nuicanse as it freezes at the bottom of the doors and causes issues

Sounds all to familiar... I actually gave my car a full anti-rust treatment when I arrived with it in Sweden (from California, so no rust...). They hot-cleaned everything under the car, dried it for hours with hot air and sprayed the underside with a tar-like coating. They also put anti-rust stuff in the doors, hood, trunk lid and inside of the reinforcement structures (what would have been the frame on a more classically designed car). I did not bring it over here to have it rust away!

Archived