CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Urban Luxury Concept

Bruce Nunnally

Autoblog: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/17/cadillac-unwraps-urban-luxury-concept-la-2010/

I am left cold by this type of vehicle but as I like to say, not every Cadillac has to be a CTS-V.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Although certainly not my favorite size or powerplant, I suppose this is what the future holds for American drivers. I appreciate the luxurious leather seating, the apparent C-pillar illuminated wreath and crest emblem, the "light pipes," and the prominent center crease line of the bodystyle. Cadillac's "Art & Science" translates well into this micro-sized cruiser!

The fundamental aesthetic concept of the ULC, properly executed on the right platform, could span the suburban grocery-getter soccer-mom CTS and the weekend warrior CTS-V, albeit not with the same drivetrain and suspension tuning, just like the CTS. I have my doubts about the wisdom of the great-looking vertical doors; there have been a lot of concept and low-production cars with that type of door, and at least one aftermarket conversion company, but I've never seen one on a daily driver, or even up close and personal. If the problems of coordinated dual-gimbal hinges can be reconciled with weatherstripping efficiency and low wind noise, strength in body in torsion and collision resistance, etc., then we will likely see these more often, and they have real utility in tight parking spaces, albeit with a vaguely possible headroom problem, so I suspect that their day will come, eventually. Perhaps now is that day.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived