CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trolls

Ranger

I found this very interesting and thought it was worth a post. It also made me realize it is time to do something I have been thinking about......change my screen name. If I can figure out how

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

A fine and appropriate topic Larry.

I thought at the time that I read it . . . (although not clearly - because I just returned from a late dinner/cocktails meeting ) . . . . dang, if anyone might be guilty of inciting riot etc, it might be me. Sorry and guilty as charged.

Funny, that I noticed this site many months ago with a technical question and was fascinated by the eloquence of the responses (note the 3 and 4 syllable words).

The idea of participating in a forum to raise heck with others is interesting and although not quite understandable - still believable. My wife was irritated by a Wal-mart customer, who asked for some obscure price check - only to walk away after holding up the line for 10-mintes of their invested time (same kinda thing)?

Was there any particular post or trend that you have noticed that prompted you to let us know our "netiquette compass" may have been altered ?

To a practical side {Bruce} a spell/grammar check is sorely needed (at least by me). I find that after I post, I need to edit a time or three to get it close. I have even copied to Word and then back (even if not apparent).

All said, all that technology doesn’t help a sarcastic attitude anywhoo.

Nuff said I hope? :(

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Shame me for thinking that perhaps Larry, Scotty and Marika had joined in some sort of super Cadillac-forum alliance and were now posting more than that capable of three regular human beings.

Er.... yeah, someone needs to ban "trolls" right off the bat so those idiots don't get a chance to start doing some damage, however jovial it is intended to be.

I don't understand why there would be someone getting kicks from pissing off people on a Cadillac car enthusiast's forum? Seems like they would be more attracted to something more computer oriented. Doesn't seem like there's much fuel for a large argument on this humble posting place.

Post : "Anyone have suggestions as to where the most effective placement for my cold air intake would be?"

Answer : "Haha! I, the infamous forum "troll" now questions both your manhood and capability of upgrading cars!"

Err... yeah, I ask again, why car forums?

Cleaned up some troll posts, banned 2 accounts and forbade future accounts from that ip address.

And now back to our regular programming.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Cleaned up some troll posts, banned 2 accounts and forbade future accounts from that ip address.

Yay! Let's hear it for "Bruce Almighty". :)

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Yay! Let's hear it for "Bruce Almighty". :)

Good on ya, mate! ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

To a practical side {Bruce} a spell/grammar check is sorely needed (at least by me). I find that after I post, I need to edit a time or three to get it close. I have even copied to Word and then back (even if not apparent).

If you are using Internet Explorer, there is an excellent program that will install itself on the toolbar. Do a search for "ieSpell". It works very well for me.

FWIW

YMMV

DFB

If you are using Internet Explorer, there is an excellent program that will install itself on the toolbar. Do a search for "ieSpell". It works very well for me.

FWIW

YMMV

DFB

I just replied to this, however it didn't seem to go.

So again, thanks for the tip.

I just installed "ieSpell" and it is excellent, as you stated.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

No TDK, that was not intended for you. It got a little lively here last night. Troll attack. So I got curious and that was what I found. I think we have all "insited a riot" at one time or another, though probably not intentionally. No apology neccessary.

Shame me for thinking that perhaps Larry, Scotty and Marika had joined in some sort of super Cadillac-forum alliance and were now posting more than that capable of three regular human beings.

You found us out!

You found us out!

LOL!!

And what a team we would be!!!

I've been on the internet for 21+ years. I can usually sniff out a troll pretty quickly, and they are usually kids. I've run IRC chat rooms where sometimes 200+ people gathered to chat up a storm, so that's where I got a lot of my experience and intuition about people. It's worked for me.

It's sometimes hard to do, but ignoring a troll is the best method for dealing with them.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Group: CaddyInfo Contributor

--->Posts: 999

Member: 21

Where: Northern New Jersey

Congrats on your next post, Marika.

:blink:

Oh my goodness!! I never even realized! :lol:

Thanks for the congrats. B)

(Now that I look, I think Scotty is the next in line for the 1,000 mark award)....

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Marika, congratulations on 1,000! Mike

Thanks, Mike!! You're not far behind either!! B)

Marika, congratulations on 1,000!  Mike

Thanks, Mike!! You're not far behind either!! B)

:lol: I am breathing down your neck! I can't wait till I reach 1,000 and get the CaddyInfo performance raise in my next check, the holidays are coming!

Archived