CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Buying another Cadillac

rockfangd

some unfortunate news. maybe it is because temps are increasing or something else but I have a highpitched whistle noise again. mainly noticed once driven, very loud, especially once you open the hood.

Any ideas on anything I check before I call the dealer on this.

I have platinum plug wires

B1S1 o2 sensor

and oil change to do but I think I am going to hold off till this is figured out. I am going to drive my Deville till it gets fixed.

Sounds like it is coming from the center of the engine below the beauty cover, dont know if this could be why I have been having the stumbling problem mentioned in my other thread

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe it does, located behind the PS pump. but it is supposed to be a new intake.

GM FAN FOREVER

do youknow if you have to remove the beauty cover to check it or is there just enough room without removing it.

The noise is very loud ad can be hard to tell as it makes my ears ring

GM FAN FOREVER

You can get at it (somewhat) without removing the beauty cover.

now that is weird, I drove it today same amount as yesterday and outside temps were the same and it did not do it at all. What gives?

GM FAN FOREVER

well going back to the dealer monday for the whistle and stumble. I will probably have to have them throw in the bank 1 o2 sensor because I cannot get to it. I have the GM special socket for the sensor but cannot get to it. I am not happy right now but I am happy to say I got 276 miles to a full tank of gas, not bad. Anyone have any tips on the o2 sensor before I have to pay out of my *** to get it done lol. I will post a few pics of the sensor and its location in my next post. but in the meantime thank god for my faithful Deville :hatsoff:

post-12985-130059534989_thumb.jpg

post-12985-130059557424_thumb.jpg

GM FAN FOREVER

Sorry to hear about the whistle. It's a slick looking SLS though. I had a 93 Seville and a 95 SLS years back and loved them. The 95 had 336k miles on it when it was totalled on a telephone pole.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I would check for a vacuum leak somewhere. That will cause a false o2 sensor malfunction. Check your intake manifold bolts to see if they are tight. My 97 Deville had loose intake manifold bolts and was causing a vacuum problem. I took it out and cleaned up the joint so it would seal like it should and the car ran so much better and got a few more MPG's. Intake manifold is very easy to take out.

UPDATE 3/22/11

well just picked up my car from the dealer, they changed the B1S1 o2 sensor, confirmed my fear on my stumble on deceleration. They said the TCC is not working properly and it is slipping. I figured it but needed proof. very upsetting because I cannot afford to fix it right now,

and they also confirmed the whistle to be the blow by valve on the intake, which I figured., he said he cleaned it and if problem persists I will have o replace the intake.

So no good news today

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived