CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

To Auction or not to Auction, that is the question

Dippity

Greetings folks! I was surfing the web for a nice Caddy and ran into an online auction. I found an 08 CTS, clean title (rare on that site), only has 19K miles which is currently at $11K.. So far that's pretty low, but what's the max you folks would bid on something like that?

http://easyexport.us/carfinder/vehicle/CLEAN_TITLE%252FSALVAGE_HISTORY_MINOR_DENTS%252FSCRATCHES_2008_CADILLAC_CTS_13282130/?a_aid=4c054bdec9d5b

What do you think?

It has a salvage title, not sure why they're saying it is clean when there is $860 in damage to the car. I would not bid on it unless I had a written estimate of the repairs and could drive the vehicle.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

:welcomesmiley:

I think you said it all when you said that a clean title was rare on that site.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Click on the little "x" on the tab for that window.:mellow:

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Since it has a salvage title, it most likely means the damage to it was more than the vehicle was worth. With a car this new, you most likely can assume the damage was pretty severe. In this case, I would run away as fast as possible. You don't know what happened to it and all the evidence has been covered up with shiney paint and problems will manifest itself not too long down the road.

IPB Image

I always buy a CarFax report on a car I'm considering buying, I've even had dealers give me the wrong Carfax for a particular car[wrong VIN #] so I always buy it myself. Since this site and and the cars on it have salvages title that means they were "scrapped out" at some point by an insurance company, fleet, etc.

Even a car that looks good could be flood car or theft recovery that has been polished up and fixed up to look good.

Buyer beware.

The best you could hope for is that this car was cobbled together from more than one car, apparently to sell at auction. Whether it could ever be inspected (i.e., no P codes, no MFL or other warning lights, all safety inspection items OK), registered, and driven legally is at the risk of the buyer.

Archived