CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I GOT MY LICENSE!!!

AaronM

YAY! I finally got it. I took my road test this morning and passed with flying colors. I am very happy. My parents are going to put insurance on my car tomorrow and then I can drive it. I can then have my muffler and newer STS wheels installed. I can't wait. Hopefully I won't wreck it my first time out!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Well, congratulatios Aaron! I know you'll enjoy the privilege of being a licensed driver.

You'll be fine out there..Just remember to watch for the torque steer under hard acceleration with that beast! ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Or because you thought I had donuts in the car...they love that one.

:lol: I keep a donut with mu insurance and registration <_>

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Congrats, Aaron! I know how excited you are. Let us hear from you again when you start driving it.

Congratulations! Drive carefully until you get a good feel of the car. Remember you are an inexperienced driver and you are driving a lot of car there! Have fun but respect it, Mike

OH-OH! :o get the women and children off the streets.

Congradulations, you've waited a long time. Enjoy the car, just respect it and your responsibility.

Congratulations and "easy does it"!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Congatulations! Good job on the drivers test! I have two "secrets" to avoiding accidents and to stay unharmed if an accident does occur.

#1 You must drive like you don't want to have an accident. Sounds pretty stupid, right? Just think about it, if you are driving on a wet road and driving like the road is dry....well, you want to have an accident. Otherwise you wouldn't be driving that way. This is just an example, it applies to snow, and speed, and other traffic equally.

#2 Next time you are sitting behind the wheel, before you start the car, scan the dash, radio, steering wheel, sunvisors, windshield....everything. If you can pick out ONE THING that you would like to have embedded in your chest....leave the seatbelt off.

OK, I'm off my soapbox again. Have a wonderful and long relationship with that Caddy!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

For your own good... I emailed your parents the DIC codes to set the computer into "adult-resetable limp mode" (run on 4-cylinders and other specific action) per the following conditions:

In addition to the basic options of 40 mph limit and operation only during daylight:

1. Throttle pintle degree advanced over 5 degrees per 0.02 second. (throttlel set to "blue hair" mode of apparent negative movment)

2. Traction control applied to control wheel spin. (vehicle uses 2nd gear only)

3. RSS (ride sensor system) detects excessive body roll / strut activation. (vehicle engages "sea sick" oscillations)

4. Sound system decibels over 90 dba, twa 1.7 seconds. (sound system loops with Johnny Mathis only).

5. Excessive rear seat motion while vehicle parked (lowers windows, activates theft alarm and calls parents via OnStar).

6. Cabin area detection of alcohol. (fuel system divets flow to cabin area to hasten eventuality).

You'll thank me someday !

just kidding... :P

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

:) Way to go, remember 2 things buckle up and ALWAYS figure the other guy will do the stupidest thing possible and be ready for it!

And if we catch you with a Dominos pizza sign on the roof your a dead man!

Joe :angry:

HAHA!! Thanks! I am going to drive super careful! I don't want to scratch my baby. I will have to remember to keep a doughnut in the glove box, haha! My dad just put insurance on it but I have to wait until the paperwork is mailed here. Then, I can get my plates and I will be off and driving. I will post a picture of it and a sound clip of my new wheels and muffler. Well, hopefully not a sound clip of the wheels, haha!

Seeya!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

looking forward to the sound clip .................. I waited 3-4 months then I lost my grandpa mufflers . I went Magnaflow w/ no resonator ... then had them put the resonator back on (if I want droning I'll do it w/ a pair of 12' subs )

enjoy your license ....... not everyones first car has to be a 4 cyl mine had a police interceptor 440 !!!!!!!!

HAHA I delivered pizza in my STS for about a month. Wasnt getting paid nearly enough to maintain that kind of mileage. Also...I was getting terrible tips. I got a .10 tip one night and I said no more. Thats what you get when you deliver pizzas in a bad part of town in a nice car with a $3,500 sound system in it : )

Here's another piece of advice - don't drive so fast the guys can't see what you're driving and who's in it. Drive by nice and slow so there'll be no doubt in their minds that it's Aaron in his Caddy.

I know you're watching the mail every day for those papers! It will seem like they'll never get there.

When Aaron? When will those insurance papers get here? The suspense is killing me.!

Still not here :huh: . If they are not here by Monday, my dad is going to call, haha! I can't take the suspense!!!! My neighbor has 3 vettes and I can't wait to see his face when he hears me rumbling up the street with my flowmaster muffler. Hopefully I won't get too many weird looks from people, haha!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Congratulations man. I'm only 25, so I still remember many of the suggestions and pieces of advice I got when I started driving. The one that most stuck went something like, "drive only as fast as you're willing to crash." When you think about it a bit, it really makes a lot of sense. You see lots of pictures of cars wrapped around trees on country roads. They probably weren't going 40 mph. We had an RX-8 crash on the state road outside of our neighborhood a month ago. Apparently, they were doing well over 100. Both were killed. Crosses and wreaths still adorn the scalded and scorched southern pine tree trunk that split the car and started it aflame.

Drive only as fast as you're willing to crash!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I remember, when I bought my STS in 1998, I was wearing a siut and lissening a classic music. Now it's a bit different. We always get changed after... you know.

And one advice I got from my father (and he got it from his instructor) and want to add:

Always give a fool the right of way

:)

Archived