CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Tire Pressure

Checked my tire pressures today... lower than I thought. 23 in the front, 30 in the rear. Door jamb says should be 29 all around, but that's for the Z rated tires which are no longer on the car. I filled them to 34 all around and the car felt better. But what would YOU, the Cadillac experts, recommend for the 94 STS?

I run my '97 at 35-37 all around. Much better handling and response. Also better mileage. Just don't exceed the specs on the sidewall of your particular tire...different tires do vary.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I run my '97 at 35-37 all around. Much better handling and response. Also better mileage. Just don't exceed the specs on the sidewall of your particular tire...different tires do vary.

I agree.

I was running about 30, and the tires were wearing on the outsides.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

I run 30 PSI in my two 93 STS's and they handle fine. No unusual tire wear.

I am getting ready to replace on set now that has just reached the wear bars at 65k + miles. Mostly freeway at 75+, with a good piece of Hwy 50 curving mountain driving.

I use Michelin Pilot XGT Z4 225/60 x 16. These may be a little stiffer than some of the other brands being used. More than 30 PSI in these tires just makes your car ride rough.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

1993 STS, Michelin Energy MXV4 .. keep them at around 32 PSI

(235-60-R16)

Reminds me, I need to rotate and balance them sometime.. thanks :D

just went out and looked, little wore around the outside edge.. either low pressure or cutting corners to fast. I'm guilty of both. Will pump it up to 34 PSI :)

Well, I don't drive a Seville but I always run 35. I was told, years ago by a Firestone dealer that they will wear a bit better (I got 86600 out of XW4's). Two weeks ago when I bought my new Symytry's they put 35 in them as well.

Running Dunlop SP5000's ..... currently at 33psi which is great on dry conditions for giddyup and go but feels a little squirrely in mod-heavy rain. At 30-31psi they cut through rain like a knife.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Running Goodyear RSA Plus (after many sets of Goodyear GAs) - keeping the tire pressure @ 32 - hint: try a digital tiore gauge - very accurate to the 1/2 pound!

197,000 miles on my '93 STS and running strong with Mobil 1.

36 psi you will feel every bump and wear pattern in the road. I personally run 29 psi.

Just got back from a week at the lake in Wisconsin. Ran my new Cooper Lifeliner Touring SLE H-rated tires up and back and all week on those great Wisconsin roads.

The car door recommended pressure for my 94 Eldo tires is 28psi front and 26psi rear. I run 30psi front and 28psi rear and just for the straight highway trip up and back, I ran 34psi all the way around. Those are the numbers I've come up

with after four other Caddys.(3 Eldos and a Seville)

I know alot of you people run Michelin tires, but my new Cooper tires really impressed me.

Kent

• 2 weeks later...

Just replaced my OEM 235 x 55 /17 tires on my 2002 STS with 34,000. Very surprised that they went so fast. Replaced with Micheleins. I kept my pressure at 32psi cold. Also, went through a right front wheel bearing at 22K miles.

Car rides like silk. :rolleyes:

Any thoughts? :unsure:

Archived