CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2011 Cadillac STS changes -- No Northstar V8

No Northstar V8 STS model for 2011 -- only the V6.

Deletions

V8 Model 6DC29

Exterior color (GBO) Blue Diamond Tricoat

Exterior color (GIP) Black Cherry

(K59) Adaptive Cruise Control

(PDU) V8 Premium Luxury Collection

(PDV) V8 Performance Luxury Collection

(Q9Y) 18" x 8" polished cast aluminum wheels

(F55) Continuously Variable Real Time Damping

(LH2) Northstar 4.6L VVT SFI V8 Engine

(JL7) Enhanced 4-channel StabiliTrak with Active Steering

(FE3) 4-wheel independent suspension with Magnetic Ride Control

New Features

Exterior color (GAR) Black Ice. Available at extra charge.

sts08_gm58wa501q.JPG

Exterior color (GGU) Evolution Green Metallic. Available at extra charge.

sts08_gmgguwa718s.JPG

With the XLR cancelled, and the SRX redesigned, the RWD Northstar engine is now retired.

Only the FWD Northstar may continue in 2011 in the DTS, but it is not shown in the order book. This either means that the DTS has also been retired, or that it is not in the order book yet.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thank the new 30 MPG Cafe Standards in 2011.

Get your V8's while you can.

I'm not convinced it's all about CAFE.

Since the current RWD V8 and RWD V6 Cadillac engines mated with 6 speed transmissions deliver the same (estimated) EPA mileage numbers as well as comparable torque values, I have to guess that (the "new" and government approved) GM leadership is all about reducing overhead costs by cutting the number of engine options.

Cadillac is far from the highest volume sales name plate in the GM lineup. Therefore the impact on CAFE by dropping a Cadillac V8 option would be miniscule at best and very difficult to project/document. Bring in the clowns.

What becomes of the "full sized luxury" Devilles? Will future Presidential limousines be trucks?

[soap box mode=off]

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I think the current Presidential limousine is an Escalade made to look like a Deville on the exterior. At any rate these days Presidential Limousines are limited production custom vehicles due to the need for protective systems.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I understand the V8 deletion...don't agree with it...but...oh well.

But what is the deal about deleting Stabilatrac and Magnetic ride and the F55 suspension?

Those are some of the options that MAKE an STS what it is.

Looks like it will just be "PARTLY" a "REAL" STS.

(F55) Continuously Variable Real Time Damping

(LH2) Northstar 4.6L VVT SFI V8 Engine

(JL7) Enhanced 4-channel StabiliTrak with Active Steering

(FE3) 4-wheel independent suspension with Magnetic Ride Control

Posted Image

Since the current RWD V8 and RWD V6 Cadillac engines mated with 6 speed transmissions deliver the same (estimated) EPA mileage numbers as well as comparable torque values, I have to guess that (the "new" and government approved) GM leadership is all about reducing overhead costs by cutting the number of engine options.

Cadillac is far from the highest volume sales name plate in the GM lineup. Therefore the impact on CAFE by dropping a Cadillac V8 option would be miniscule at best and very difficult to project/document. Bring in the clowns.

What becomes of the "full sized luxury" Devilles? Will future Presidential limousines be trucks?

[soap box mode=off]

You may be Right but....

There is no 2010 Lincoln "car" now that comes with a V8, best is turbo 6. Towncar V8 was ended in 2009

GM is down to Buick, Chev and Caddy cars- High mileage Saturn and Pontiac [4&6 cyl] [sAAB?] cars don't count now.

There's also talk of supercharged/turbo'd V6 for Corvettes or killing it entirely.

2015 Cafe standard requirement will be 35.7 MPG!

Time to get that STS-V

Bye Northstar. :wipetears

Every other day I read about Audi, Mercedes, BMW etc and their new high performance V8s. The Swedish press is extremely biased against anything that is American, the only thing I've read about the CTS-V for instance is a claim that "Cadillac doesn't know on which leg it is standing, the new CTS-V was presented with 556 hp but where does the environmental engagement fit in?"

Darn tree-huggers..but everytime the "real" luxury car makers launches a new high performance model it's all "ohh and ahhs!"

I hope this is not driven by beaucrats and that it is a market decision.

For years imports have been pushing performance, and we finally got on board. If the competition offers big powerful vehicles they better counter with a competing car, its the market, what the market wants. Are they still going to compete with the M and AMG class cars?

Leaders lead the market, they don't follow

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

[soap box mode=off]

You may be Right but....

There is no 2010 Lincoln "car" now that comes with a V8, best is turbo 6. Towncar V8 was ended in 2009

GM is down to Buick, Chev and Caddy cars- High mileage Saturn and Pontiac [4&6 cyl] [sAAB?] cars don't count now.

There's also talk of supercharged/turbo'd V6 for Corvettes or killing it entirely.

2015 Cafe standard requirement will be 35.7 MPG!

Time to get that STS-V

Oops, Also forgot to GMC SUV's & trucks [no small cars there don't help GM's CAFE average.}

Archived