CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: What do you love about Cadillac?

Bruce Nunnally

What first drew you to the Cadillac brand?Was it the Styling? The Cadillac Design Team’s goal is to give Cadillacs a look all their own – a look that’s uniquely American.Was it the Power? Cadillacs tend to be a wolf in sheep’s clothes when it comes to engine output.  Old school [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Well, y'all know I really like my Cadillac.

I like the styling.

I think it looks good, with the White Lightning Tri Coat paint and the 18 inch, 9 spoke chrome wheels.

It is OBVIOUSLY a Cadillac. :D

It gets looks when you go somewhere, and that makes you feel good.

It has plenty of power.

It is a very comfortable, high speed, highway cruiser.

You can cover some unbelievable distances in a days time...if you want to. :D

The Cadillac never objects...in fact, it seems like the harder you drive it, the better it runs.

I do not know how fast it will go, but I have had it up to 144 MPH and it was still pulling pretty strong.

It will just loaf along all day at triple digit speeds.

It has about all the creature comforts anyone could want.

Nav system.

Moonroof.

Heated seats and heated steering wheel for the winter time.

Air Conditioned seats for hot Texas summers.

Massaging seats, just in case you need a back rub. :yupi3ti:

Magnetic Ride for a combination of a well controlled ride with no float at high speed, and as a bonus, MUCH BETTER handling and cornering than you would EVER expect from this big of a car.

It also gets exceptional fuel mileage...especially considering how fast I usually drive it. :D

It is big enough for Darling Wife, me and all the junk we take with us when we travel.

I have 75,000 miles on it, and except for a few little electrical glitches, it has been totally trouble free.

It has had -0- mechanical issues.

It is under GMPP major Guard till 104,000 miles.

After that, I will probably start looking around to see what is available...MAYBE.

The car has been a very, very, good one...so I "MIGHT" just drive it a year or so longer than I had planned on.

Then again... I really do want a 2010 or 2011 CTS "V". :D :D :D :D

I hope everyone loves their Cadillac as much as I love mine.

Posted Image

Oh man, I could write a novel.

I like the way I feel in it. I feel safe and secure. I dont get that with any other car. I feel secure in the rain. The car is predictable and solid. The power can get me out of trouble. It is so logical and built for the occupants safety and comfort. I love the steering feel, I can spin it with my finger but in an emergency move, it stiffens up and gives me the feel of the road and stops me from over steering, its lines are beautiful, the power, I like the power, the Northstar reminds me of the 429 and 472s that would snap your neck, I like the smell. I like the technology. I love the HVAC system very quiet once it reaches temp and you set it and forget it. I love how the Northstar has been developed and refined over the years. I love the way they look and how they have created a modern design that links back to prior looks. I look at my 96 Deville and I can see a 91, 86, 71 and 66.... The more I have learned about the Northstar platform, the more I am impressed with how it works together as a unit with redundent systems where necessary such as the VSS and ISS sensors, where if the ISS stops functioning the PCM relies on the VSS, and that some years had a fuel pump switch in the oil pressure switch as a back up to the fuel pump relay, someone is thinking! I love the on board diagnostic system that I can access using a two finger Vulcan mind meld. I like that Cadillac recognized that different drivers existed and offered the Deville, SLS, STS, ESC, ETC. I guess it reminds me of my childhood

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

That is a difficult question to answer in less than 30 or more paragraphs.

Bottom line; based on my 55+ years experience driving/owning/renting/leasing automobiles on four continents, I would not even consider "owning" any other brand.

Twelve years and 191,000+ miles driving my '98 Seville has made me a believer.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived