CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

05 STS

JimJ

I was driving on I95 in Rhode Island yesterday and was passed by a new STS. I thought they wouldn't be available until fall. It had Michigan plates. I had to catch it so I could look it over. It has the amber DRL like parking lights, I thought I was being passed by a CTS with a funny grill until it passed. The tail lights are LED's similar to Deville. Steel Grey, great looking car.

post-3-1089403274.jpg

I don't think it looks that great. I wish they would have kept it the same as before :/ It now looks like a CTS which looks 'weird' to me how it slopes up from the front to the back..... the SRX is very cool but it also looks weird. It's almost like a SUV it's so high off the ground. It just doesn't look like a cadillac any more :<

I understand the first '05 White STS is coming here to New Jersey. I know the guy who bought it, sight unseen. He was also very happy to read a recent car enthusiast article pitting the '05 STS against the BMW 525. The STS did better than the BMW in almost every test.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I seen a 05 sts the other day pulling out of the GM tech center I pulled along side it and was checking it out driving down the road and the driver looked at my car and gave me a thumbs sign up..it had michigan factory plates also It sure looked good to me.

Cheers

Jim

The problem with that picture is that it looks like it was shot with a long, perhaps medium range, telephoto lens which tends to flatten out an image. The car looks shorter in the picture than it actually is.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

The problem with that picture is that it looks like it was shot with a long, perhaps medium range, telephoto lens which tends to flatten out an image. The car looks shorter in the picture than it actually is.

I was never quite "taken" by the look until I saw the article in the newest Car & Driver magazine. They have lots of pics from lots of angles and I really dig the new look. It doesn't look too CTesque at all to me. The "art and science" theme or whatever they call it sure shines through, but I think it's tastefully different and it'll grow on many folks soon enough I'm sure.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Unless the door skins are a flexible composite, those cars will be door-ding magnets....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I just got my mail from down at the box, and the latest Autoweek has it featured on the cover and main story...Hmmm...it has the 'eggcrate' grill, unlike the picture earlier in this thread...Hmm...Might look better if the grill was color blended with the body? (like the earlier STS's). The rear end looks better than I thought it would.

Deffinatley gotta have the N* V-8...Hmmm...Need to see it in the flesh.. <_<

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

I don't think it looks that great.  I wish they would have kept it the same as before :

I know what you mean...Ever since they started making the hood and frenders all one plane, instead of distinct hood & fenders it's not just the same. I think that was 1959 they changed.....

Archived