CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 cadillac

franey

I just purchased a 2000, SLS , with only 13,080 miles. An older lady bought it new from the local Cadillac dealer and traded it in last Friday for another Cadillac. The dealer is the only one who has ever touched the car , he did all scheduled maint. and anything that may have come up. Still has the original set of tires on it ,always garaged . She was single and retired, the interior looks as though it is brand new. No wear marks on anything. The paint is the diamond white and not a mark on the car. Engine compartment has light coat of dust on it . It is as flawless of a used car as I have ever seen. I gave 9,500, for the car. Do you think this was a fair deal. By the way my 96, SLS, had started to spike the old heat when I would climb a hill. With 145,000 miles , I did not feel like putting any money into it. I am going to strip what I want off of the old car, and my wife is going to trade it in for the 4500, government program to get her a new Hybrid car. The way I see it everyone comes out ahead. Your comments would be appreciated. The dealer is detailing the car and is going to change all fluids and filters for me. I just bought a new set of tires for my 96, so I will be swaping tires.

I just purchased a 2000, SLS , with only 13,080 miles. An older lady bought it new from the local Cadillac dealer and traded it in last Friday for another Cadillac. The dealer is the only one who has ever touched the car , he did all scheduled maint. and anything that may have come up. Still has the original set of tires on it ,always garaged . She was single and retired, the interior looks as though it is brand new. No wear marks on anything. The paint is the diamond white and not a mark on the car. Engine compartment has light coat of dust on it . It is as flawless of a used car as I have ever seen. I gave 9,500, for the car. Do you think this was a fair deal. By the way my 96, SLS, had started to spike the old heat when I would climb a hill. With 145,000 miles , I did not feel like putting any money into it. I am going to strip what I want off of the old car, and my wife is going to trade it in for the 4500, government program to get her a new Hybrid car. The way I see it everyone comes out ahead. Your comments would be appreciated. The dealer is detailing the car and is going to change all fluids and filters for me. I just bought a new set of tires for my 96, so I will be swaping tires.

well it should be a solid car up to 100,000 miles or more. WHich is a long ways away probably. So if it takes you many years to get to that and only a few to pay it off then its a good deal.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Sounds like a great deal! Good luck with it and post some photos

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

The way I figure it, where can you go and get this quality of a car for the same money with the mileage it has on it. Yes , I definately think it was a good deal. Granted 8,500, would have been a better deal. But for what I have looked at lately , this was a great deal, at least for me.

not sure what your going to strip off the 96? bumper or hood? kinda like the stories you see where people are selling all the appliances from their houses before they go into foreclosure. yep, its their house and dang if they aren't going to get their money out of it before the bank gets it back.

not sure what your going to strip off the 96? bumper or hood? kinda like the stories you see where people are selling all the appliances from their houses before they go into foreclosure. yep, its their house and dang if they aren't going to get their money out of it before the bank gets it back.

I understand his thinking. If he has new parts on the 96 that will fit the new car, why let them go to into the clunkers program?.... His car will be ingesting Sodium Silicate soon, why not preserve anything good that can come forward to his new car, like seat motors, HVAC fan, and such.. put them on the garage shelf and you have them where you need it. Sadly, its a clunker... time to go..... Anyone watch Logan's Run lately?, check it out

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

The real question is, do YOU think it is a good deal. That is all that really matters.

Exactly my thoughts! If your happy, everyone is happy!

Good luck on your new Cadillac!

2001 Deville, Sterling Silver exterior with Dark Gray leather, 93k miles

I have not done a CARS deal so i cannot say how complete the dealer prefers the trade to be. the govt is trying anything to get sales moving again. what you do to your car is your business. the car has to be scrapped anyway so go for it. sounds like the new car is in great shape so it probably is a good deal. 1500 miles/yr is quite low.

Archived