CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CAN ANY BODY HELP ME WITH THE DTCODES

MY SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR A WHILE SO I DECIDED TO DO THE DTC TEST ON MY CAR, ALL THESE CODES CAME UP..

ABS C1287

DDMU13

IRC U1016

MSM B1327

MSM B1740

MSM B1845

MSM B1860

MSM U1000

MSM U1160

MSM U1064

MSM U1016

MSM P0463

MSM P0741

MSM P1860

TTM U1016

VTDB3055

I LOOKED UP THE CODES AND ITS CONFUSING BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS OR WHAT I SHOULD DO TO FIX THEM. ANY ANSWERS?? I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

MY SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR A WHILE SO I DECIDED TO DO THE DTC TEST ON MY CAR, ALL THESE CODES CAME UP..

ABS C1287

DDMU13

IRC U1016

MSM B1327

MSM B1740

MSM B1845

MSM B1860

MSM U1000

MSM U1160

MSM U1064

MSM U1016

MSM P0463

MSM P0741

MSM P1860

TTM U1016

VTDB3055

I LOOKED UP THE CODES AND ITS CONFUSING BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS OR WHAT I SHOULD DO TO FIX THEM. ANY ANSWERS?? I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

ok..i did the research and found the meaning for each code but ims till confused on how to fix the problem.

DTC C1287 Steering Sensor Rate Malfunction

IRC/TTM DTC U1016 Loss of Communications with PCM

DTC B1327 Battery/Source Voltage Low

DTC B1327 Device Power #1 (Low Current #1) Circuit

DTC B1740 Driver Seat Front Down Switch CKT Malf

DTC B1845 Driver Lumbar Down Switch CKT Malf

DTC B1860 Driver Lumbar Vert Sensor CKT Malf

DTC U1160 Loss of Communications with DDM

DTC U1064 Loss of Communications with DIM

DTC U1016 Loss of Communications with PCM

DTC P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage

DTC P0741 TCC System Stuck Off

DTC P1860 TCC PWM Solenoid Circuit Electrical

DTC B3055 Key Not Present

The next question is how many codes are current, and how many are history codes?

From the list and definitions, I can tell you a little bit, but I'm certainly no expert.

the U1016, U1160, and U1064 are pretty common, and usually in history. I've had most of them at one time or another, never did they set the SES light on the dash. Should go away for a while with a dash reset, but if current, or comes back immediately, it's a problem. The radio amp should be suspect, or its connections. If the radio has been changed, all bets are off.

The "B" codes generally won't set the SES light either, and probably indicate a loose connection in the seat controls.....except for the B1327. Device power #1 circuit low, MIGHT set the SES light. Could be corroded battery terminals or bad battery cable, check them and the battery condition.

The two "P" codes indicate a transmission problem and are probably the most likely suspect for setting the SE light. This is the tourqe conveter clutch (TCC) or its associated solenoids. Best, and most expensive place to start. Can be done yourself, but you need to be very good with mechanical work.

C1287 and B3055 have me at a loss, but neither one should set the SES light.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

DTC B1327 Battery/Source Voltage Low
Low battery voltage can set false codes. Clear them and see what returns.

Next to Ranger. A loundry list of codes usually points to bad battery cable connections or grounds. Check your cables. Pay particular attention to positive one. It is known to corrode under the red insulation so that you will not even see it.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Good Morning guys,

Thanks soo much. I believe most of them are History codes, i will go head and erase them all and check to see which ones stay on. One more thing. Where is the battery located? lol sorry this is my 1st cadillac.

I will get back at you guys later on during the day.

Thanks soo much.

ok im back.

I borrow the Actron OBD II from my friend so i did the scan and this are the codes that came up.

(4 codes came up, but they are both repeated twice)

P 0741 (Torque Converter CKT Performance or Stuck)

P 1860 (Manufacturer Control Transmission)

So far i have no clue what the mean, im just not liking the word tranmission..lol

thanks.

The battery is under the rear seat. Just pull up, but be careful when it comes loose. Lift it a bit and unplug the seat heaters on the passengers side before removing it (Blue plug).

ok im back.

I borrow the Actron OBD II from my friend so i did the scan and this are the codes that came up.

(4 codes came up, but they are both repeated twice)

P 0741 (Torque Converter CKT Performance or Stuck)

P 1860 (Manufacturer Control Transmission)

So far i have no clue what the mean, im just not liking the word tranmission..lol

thanks.

I think the P1860 is the TCC solenoid

Posted Image

I have the P1860 code also. It is what in turn sets the P0741 code. It means there is an electrical problem with the solenoid that activates the torque converter clutch in the transmission. Not a big deal. You lose 1-2mpg and the engine turns a couple hundred rpm faster in overdrive. But, since it sets the SES light, you can't pass an emissions test. My car is due for a test and I still need to find time to remove the transmission electrical connector and make sure it isn't something simple like a pushed pin or loose wire.

Charles

• 1 year later...

I have the P1860 code also. It is what in turn sets the P0741 code. It means there is an electrical problem with the solenoid that activates the torque converter clutch in the transmission. Not a big deal. You lose 1-2mpg and the engine turns a couple hundred rpm faster in overdrive. But, since it sets the SES light, you can't pass an emissions test. My car is due for a test and I still need to find time to remove the transmission electrical connector and make sure it isn't something simple like a pushed pin or loose wire.

Archived