CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Do You Wolframalpha?

A VERY interesting "Search" Engine (actually "computational knowledge engine"). It can solve a differential equation for you; tell you the height of Mt. Everest divided by the length of the Golden Gate Bridge; tell you the number of "Andrews" in the U.S. and a whole, whole lot more.

Wanna know where the ISS is currently at? A satellite map? Care to know who the President of Bolivia was on January 12th 1922? What the weather was on inauguration day? It's there.

[VIDEO] http://www.wolframalpha.com/screencast/int...lframalpha.html

If you want to skip the video (I can't imagine why) you can just go to

http://www.wolframalpha.com

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Warren,

I watched the video.

Very interesting.

I will probably be using this some. :D

Jim,

Glad you found some interest in it. If, as the author suggests, this is ONLY the initial implementation of this resource, I can see great things ahead.

If this advances the way I imagine, I will shortly be kicking Wikipedia off the curb and into the gutter.

Regards,

Warren

P.S. So many views, so few comments.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

If this advances the way I imagine, I will shortly be kicking Wikipedia off the curb and into the gutter.

Regards,

Warren

I wondered about that myself...no comments about it.

Kinda odd.

EDIT...maybe it is me and you that are odd. :D:D:D

Posted Image

A fascinating video, but when you use it the immaturity of the site becomes obvious. I see Wolfram Alpha as an innovative new kind of online resource. It's very useful now, and will become indispensable to many people, including me, as its success grows. I don't think it will replace Wikipedia for me because it is a different type of resource. Type "Chicago" as an entry into both and in Wolfram Alpha you will get the equivalent of a set of slides or viewgraphs for the city in Illinois with links for the movie or periodical (but not the musical group), while on Wikipedia you get a detailed article on the city following a link to a disambiguation page.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

This is the most incredible database I have ever seen!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

This is the most incredible database I have ever seen!

Yes, Its kind of neat, isn't it?

If Steven Wolfram continues its development this might become a remarkable resource. I can only hope he has a development team behind him.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Regards,

Warren

I wondered about that myself...no comments about it.

Kinda odd.

EDIT...maybe it is me and you that are odd. :D:D:D

Yup! It's thee & me.

Regards,

Warren :D :D :D

Posted Image

Archived