CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hit a deer tonight!

This evening while driving home from work a deer suddenly darted across the road. Luckily I saw it early enough that I hit the brakes at about 35mpg and clipped it near the left side corner of the front bumper. It made quite a thud and the SOB went flying. :rolleyes: It was not a full grown deer. It came crashing down about 10-15 feet in front of me and wouldn't you know, it was able to get up and scamper away. I could only find a cracked lens on the corner lamp, which I can easily replace. Oh...and he left some poo on the left fender which I wiped off. I apparently scared the poo out of it. :D:rolleyes:

Looks like we were both lucky!

That was really lucky. Glad you're ok, deer hits can be dangerous.

I got my STS about a year ago, and three weeks after I got it I drove thru a pack of deer, slammed on the brakes, and a couple darted in front of me but one slammed into the side of the car. Broke off the driver's side mirror, left drool on the window, and slammed into the back driver's side door. Replaced the mirror, but I'm still looking for a replacement door.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

I really hate it when those animals refuse to observe the "Deer Crossing" signs. Maybe if we prosecuted a few of them their attitude might change.

Glad to hear you had the best possible outcome.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

This evening while driving home from work a deer suddenly darted across the road. Luckily I saw it early enough that I hit the brakes at about 35mpg and clipped it near the left side corner of the front bumper. It made quite a thud and the SOB went flying. :rolleyes: It was not a full grown deer. It came crashing down about 10-15 feet in front of me and wouldn't you know, it was able to get up and scamper away. I could only find a cracked lens on the corner lamp, which I can easily replace. Oh...and he left some poo on the left fender which I wiped off. I apparently scared the poo out of it. :D:rolleyes:

Looks like we were both lucky!

Good result then, and glad you didn't swerve off the road and crash!

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I really hate it when those animals refuse to observe the "Deer Crossing" signs. Maybe if we prosecuted a few of them their attitude might change.

Regards,

Warren

Yeah... the deer are just anarchists. :D

That don't obey ANY lay ...unless it suits them.

We need to station a cop out there and give them all tickets for jaywalking. :D:D

Posted Image

Prosecute my ***. The death penalty I say. Put a bounty on the vermin. It is one year ago that I got my buck. I was not as lucky as you (nor was the buck). Tis the season. They're on the move more now. Glad you got off easy.

Death penalty indeed. Earlier this week I drove I-71 in Ohio. In the rural sections of the road, I swear I saw a deer carcass every mile.

How much property damage did that represent?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Prosecute my ***. The death penalty I say. Put a bounty on the vermin.

I hear ya! This afternoon I discovered one of the vermin sideswiped me overnight. It restructured my mirror system to an unwelcome wide-view one, changed the color of the door molding and for good measure left a small hoof print on the trailing edge of the front wheel well lip. All in all though, not too bad. Had the vermin been an inch or two to the right it might have been a near total. :angry:

The door sheet metal appears okay. It looks like only the molding was damaged (I hope). Mostly I hope the body shop can bring it in in under three rent-a-car days.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBucket/DSCF0179.jpg

Regards,

Warren

EDIT: Unless, of course, I can find a place to rent an XLR! Yeah, I know, I've already stopped dreaming. :(

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Geez, even parked they are not safe. Sorry to see that Warren.

Thanks for the commiseration, but as you can see I got off really lite. I consider myself lucky that I didn't lose the entire side of the car.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived