CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

"Snapshot Taken"

thaghost87

The other day i was doing some driving and noticed on the DTC it said "snapshot taken". I dont recall pushing any buttons that would cause this message to display. What is it actually and why would it just come up?

A problem was detected that would throw a code. Apparently it wasn't serious enough to turn on the MIL light or show another message. Run the codes and see what's up.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

A problem was detected that would throw a code. Apparently it wasn't serious enough to turn on the MIL light or show another message. Run the codes and see what's up.

will do. hopefully the code isnt gone, i received the message on saturday.

I have never seen that message come up spontaineously like that, usually you need to invoke a snapshot maybe you accidently pushed the conbination of buttons to cause a snapshot. did you get a FSM yet?

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

DTC P1624 Customer Snapshot Requested - Data Available

Circuit Description

The customer-snapshot feature lets the customer store the PCM data when a driveability problem occurs. The feature permits several snapshots during each ignition cycle. When the customer requests the snapshot, the PCM stores the data, and sets DTC P1624. The PCM also illuminates the MIL for a specific length of time to tell the customer that the data has been stored.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The PCM receives a customer-snapshot request.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

* The PCM will illuminate the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) for 40 seconds.

* The PCM will store the conditions which were present when the customer requested the snapshot as Fail Records data.

Diagnostic Aids

This DTC informs the technician that the customer has initiated the customer-snapshot function. The PCM will store up to 6 snapshots in the fail records before over-writing the first recorded snapshot. The customer-snapshot function may help to diagnose conditions which could not be duplicated during previous diagnosis.

If no other DTCs are set, the problem is most likely intermittent. Refer to Intermittent Conditions in Symptoms.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I am not clear on why your car thought a snapshot had been requested but here is the more info about it.

Also please find more info here.

The customer snapshot is most likely what you are trying to get. This is performed when NOT in the diagnostic mode.

When driving or idling, and the car is "acting up"; on the Climate Control press OFF and Front Defrost buttons at the same time. It will take a second or two.

When done properly the "Service Engine Soon" will illuminate for two seconds; as confirmation that the snapshot was taken.

Retrieve the data be by entering the diagnostic mode. After the system has gone through the various systems monitored, select:

PCM / Snapshot

The error will appear as P001 SNAPSHOT

For this information to be useful also note how you were using the vehicle when the snapshot was taken, i.e.; 65 MPH, accelerating, gearshift in D transmission still in 3rd gear, etc.

Any subsequent snapshot will erase the first one.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived