Picked up my 5th Caddy and Introduction

tbombaci

Greetings all.

I just picked up my 5th Caddy yesterday. My past and current Cad's are/were:

1976 Coupe De Ville

1967 Coupe De Ville

1975 ElDorado Conv. (Still have)

1995 Seville SLS

1998 Seville STS (just bought yesterday)

My '95 Seville was totaled last Monday. I was sitting up in my office at work and a person from another company in the building decided to forget the meaning of "R" and "D" on his shift knob. Jumping a planter box, he T-Boned my poor innocent Seville in the parking lot.

I received the settlement check yesterday, cashed it and picked up a find on Craigslist last night. I wasn't too keen on the color of the car AND the faux conv. top. The images on the Internet of the car made the color look neon light blue; it was quite horrible. However, I was trying to convince myself that this was the car for me. It has 39K miles, one elderly owner, always garaged, etc...

I am glad I went to see it. I knew I was going to buy it when I saw it. I am actually liking the faux top and I really like the color.

I need to replace the subwoofer in the passenger door.

98_sts1.jpg

98_sts2.jpg

Regards,

Tom

:welcomesmiley:

Very, very nice. It looks like you have the gold-emblem wheel centers too. Is the grille custom?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

:welcomesmiley:

Very, very nice. It looks like you have the gold-emblem wheel centers too. Is the grille custom?

Good question. I really do not know. Time for more research!

I am having a heck of a time finding the passenger door speaker cheaper than GM direct ($114) Allegedly, one can order directly from Bose ($40) if the car is 10 years or older.

-Tom

Archived