CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Day finally came

After 10 yrs. and 303,000 miles, I traded the old girl in. Sad day but I knew it was coming. I've owned 40 plus cars and this one rates in the top 2 (85 Eldorado was my first and always will be) My old Boss ( Ed Spradlin, RIP 1-1-2008) sold me his old Caddys when they were 4-5 years old with 30 to 40k on the clock for a couple grand under trade for a cash monthly payment. When he died so did my Caddy pipeline. I got a used 08 Impala, good car but it's no Cadillac, may go shopping for another Caddy come spring. There are a couple Impala web sites but nothing like this one (Bruce, you da man) I'll still be around and Mike I still am on for a cup of coffee next time you come thru. Bruce, if you send me a ups address I'll send you my Factory Manuals and you can sell them and use the money as you see fit.

See you guys around, Joe

PS: Marika can we start our own club :D

After 10 yrs. and 303,000 miles, I traded the old girl in. Sad day but I knew it was coming. I've owned 40 plus cars and this one rates in the top 2 (85 Eldorado was my first and always will be) My old Boss ( Ed Spradlin, RIP 1-1-2008) sold me his old Caddys when they were 4-5 years old with 30 to 40k on the clock for a couple grand under trade for a cash monthly payment. When he died so did my Caddy pipeline. I got a used 08 Impala, good car but it's no Cadillac, may go shopping for another Caddy come spring. There are a couple Impala web sites but nothing like this one (Bruce, you da man) I'll still be around and Mike I still am on for a cup of coffee next time you come thru. Bruce, if you send me a ups address I'll send you my Factory Manuals and you can sell them and use the money as you see fit.

See you guys around, Joe

PS: Marika can we start our own club :D

Hey, stick around!! They won't kick you off this site. Once a Caddy owner, always a Caddy owner, even if you don't own one right now. How's the 08 Impala working out for you so far?

You're right, there are no decent Impala sites, THIS site really is the best around.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Maybe we need an Impala section. Grats on the new car.

Cadillac ownership is of course not a requirement for participation, and you didn't suddenly lose your experiences with Cadillacs, so please don't be a stranger.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Sorry to hear this Joe, hope you are back one day soon, Mike

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I'm not leaving, just don't have the STS anymore.

The Impala is a nice car, only issues are:

It's BUST ME RED

The volume for the stereo has to be at 5 just to hear it

crap tires (road noise)

when changing lanes to the left all I can see is the headrest and pillar (I'm short 5.8)

steering intermediate shaft was replaced on the second day

everybody thinks I'm a Cop, so I wind up with cars clustered around me :mellow:

top speed is limited to 107 (don't ask)

up side 32.1 avg. miles per gallon, THAT blew me away

I'm not leaving, just don't have the STS anymore.

The Impala is a nice car, only issues are:

It's BUST ME RED

The volume for the stereo has to be at 5 just to hear it

crap tires (road noise)

when changing lanes to the left all I can see is the headrest and pillar (I'm short 5.8)

steering intermediate shaft was replaced on the second day

everybody thinks I'm a Cop, so I wind up with cars clustered around me :mellow:

top speed is limited to 107 (don't ask)

up side 32.1 avg. miles per gallon, THAT blew me away

Yes, the stereo is an issue in that car. Just wait until you turn on the cabin fans above the second notch, you won't be able to hear yourself scream :lol: If you use the OnStar built in telephone, you'll find that the GM engineers were clever, once you begin voice recognition commands with OnStar, the cabin fan speed automatically lowers so the built in OnStar speaker can hear you better. Clever mutts.

The tires are crap beyond road noise, be VERY careful in wet road conditions, these tires are not exactly rated well for wet roads.

I'm the same height as you and I don't have a visibility problem. However, the side mirrors are small and they are flat, instead of rounded at the bottom so they do tend to cut off a lot of the view. You'll have to practice the fine art of "goose neck" driving. The Germans love it actually and when you go for your road test in Germany, if you don't "goose neck" enough you could fail your road test. It's good practice.

I have a personalized plate on my car so everyone knows I'm not a cop.

How are you getting that type of average mileage? What engine do you have?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Just the 3.5 Marika, but mine was a rental. At 29k she was broke in pretty hard (in service date was April 07) I imagine once yours has some miles on it the MPG will go up too.I got no:

onstar

abs

tcc

ash tray (how the hell did that happen)

up side is you don't think twice about passing on a 2 lane road, car really gets it

Just the 3.5 Marika, but mine was a rental. At 29k she was broke in pretty hard (in service date was April 07) I imagine once yours has some miles on it the MPG will go up too.I got no:

onstar

abs

tcc

ash tray (how the hell did that happen)

up side is you don't think twice about passing on a 2 lane road, car really gets it

I have no ABS, traction control or ashtray either. Ashtray is optional but you can buy the ashtray package and install it. Have you noticed that with no ABS your braking distance is much shorter?

It seems shorter, but the brakes are alot touchier than the Caddys were

The first few times I used the brakes on my 08 Impala I was just lucky I was wearing my seatbelt or I'm sure I would have put my own head through the windshield. The brakes are VERY sensitive on the Impala. I guess this winter is going to be fun re-learning how to brake on ice without ABS... :huh::lol: I did fine with my '83 Celebrity which also didn't have ABS so now I'll just have to practice a bit before I head off on a cold winter day.

Archived