CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Someone hit my car last night.

Parked my car last night in a space that I don't particularly like because the cars that are parked across from the space have to cut their wheel sharp when then back out of their space or they end up hitting the car behind them, which is exactly what happened to my car last night. The body shop rubbed off most of the dirt and bits of yuk that were on the bumper but it has to be sanded and painting in order to repair it properly. Of course, no one left a note.

I'm lucky they didn't break the molding at the center of the bumper. They'll probably get around to that next time.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Sorry to hear :wipetears

Good idea to get photos and hopefully you don't have a huge deductible.

It's about $300~400 to repair so it's coming out of my pocket. The body shop at the corner where I work part-time will fix it. I'm just so annoyed that people care nothing about someone else's property. The car that hit it left behind a streak of dirt so it tells me the car that hit my car probably hadn't seen a car wash in a long time. There was a blue/silver Buick parked in the parking lot this morning but I examined their bumper and there was no trace of my paint transfer so it's not that car. The odds are I'll never find the person who did this because a lot of people park here who don't live here. They park here to go to a bar that's around the corner.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Marika,

Sorry to hear that your car got hit.

There are so many careless idiots (was going to use another word, but thought better of it :D ) that have no respect at all for anything.

Good luck with the repairs.

Posted Image

Marika,

Sorry to hear that your car got hit.

There are so many careless idiots (was going to use another word, but thought better of it :D ) that have no respect at all for anything.

Good luck with the repairs.

It's almost always people who drive cars that are basically junk that end up hitting other cars. The car that hit my car not only left behind traces of blue paint and black rubber, they also left behind loads of dirt. It looks like the car that hit me hasn't seen a car wash in about six months or more.

It's almost always people who drive cars that are basically junk that end up hitting other cars. The car that hit my car not only left behind traces of blue paint and black rubber, they also left behind loads of dirt. It looks like the car that hit me hasn't seen a car wash in about six months or more.

I know EXACTLY what you mean.

Several years ago, I had just bought a BRAND NEW Lincoln Mark Vl.

Wife needed to go to K-Mart for something.

Let her off at the door, and went and parked so I could see the door and pick her up as she came out.

I parked eight or ten spaces from the nearest car. I was sitting there drinking a coke, when this old beat up Buick Electra 225 came pulling in and parked RIGHT BESIDE ME. Big fat woman in passengers seat started getting out and slammed the door against my car.

Ticked me off BIG TIME.

I hollered at her and told her to watch what the h3ll she was doing. She smarted off something, so I started getting out of my car and told her I was going to whip her a$$ and teach her some manners. She said she would call the law, so I told her to go ahead... I would have her a$$ whipped and be gone before they got there anyway.

She got back in the old beat up Buick and they left.

I had to touchup the nick and then polish it.

I still get mad thinking about it and how some people are.

Posted Image

Sorry to hear about the hit and run. You got hit pretty good! :rolleyes:

Even though I don't own a brand new Cadillac I'll still tend to park away from others just avoid getting nailed by some idiot.

Sorry to hear about the hit and run. You got hit pretty good! :rolleyes:

Even though I don't own a brand new Cadillac I'll still tend to park away from others just avoid getting nailed by some idiot.

The bumper is getting painting this morning, in fact, I have to get the car down the street to the body shop in a few minutes. I'll take pictures when it's done. wish me luck!! B)

I wish Marika good luck!

My car is currently inside the spray booth. They did the adhesive (flex agent) and the color, next they use a blender color and finally the clear coat. They spray at 103F with a negative pressure vacuum inside the booth and then they bake at 130F for 20 minutes and it's almost done. Then they do the buffing and polishing. I'll be posting images of the process later.

(adding a little comedy to the event, the paint code that GM provided inside the car's trunk was the wrong code. It's a non-existent code. Luckily, I had ordered some scratch paint so that bottle had the correct color code on it.)

I wish Marika good luck!

My car is currently inside the spray booth. They did the adhesive (flex agent) and the color, next they use a blender color and finally the clear coat. They spray at 103F with a negative pressure vacuum inside the booth and then they bake at 130F for 20 minutes and it's almost done. Then they do the buffing and polishing. I'll be posting images of the process later.

(adding a little comedy to the event, the paint code that GM provided inside the car's trunk was the wrong code. It's a non-existent code. Luckily, I had ordered some scratch paint so that bottle had the correct color code on it.)

Yay, the more details sound good on their process. Nice job on having the touch up paint / number with you.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Ok, you have three options. You can watch the slide show below (which runs by sort of fast) or you can click the link below to view the images at your leasure.

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/gir...0Body%20repair/

Or you can watch this slide show and adjust the speed

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/gir...mview=slideshow

I'm quite satisfied with the job. The color match was spot on perfect. I've known Mark and Eddie for 20 years. Both are really good guys. Think of Crown Auto Body if you need work performed on your car and you're in the Tri-State area.

Great post. The shop should hire you to do photos for their website!

Eddie's daughter, Kim, is quite an artist. I emailed the link to her so she can grab some downloads for the body shop website. They do excellent work and they're reasonably priced.

Reposting the Slide show here. Seems the link above got corrupted by me.

• 8 months later...

Yeah I hate parking my car outside when im over my girlfriends place. At home my Caddy is garaged but at my girls apartment, they share a large parking lot and people come and go all day and night. A couple of months ago I came out and noticed some asshole left some scuff marks on my rear quarter panel :angry2: . Luckily I was able to buff out the marks but I pray everytime I leave my baby outside when im over there.

3100406887_808dbe1b91_m.jpg3100408453_191809e0a7_m.jpg

Marika, are there any street or parking lot cameras close by that may have caught the crime?

I remember we just got our 97 Deville back from the body shop from a deer claim and someone opened their door into our rear fender and dinged/dented it pretty good. It was on the side we just had painted, I never found out who did it and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Marika, are there any street or parking lot cameras close by that may have caught the crime?

I remember we just got our 97 Deville back from the body shop from a deer claim and someone opened their door into our rear fender and dinged/dented it pretty good. It was on the side we just had painted, I never found out who did it and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Nope, and the landlord refuses to install any.

Archived