CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ethanol from Algae

biofuelsdigest.com notes regarding a new fuel plant going into production in the Sonora desert area of NW Mexico. The plant produces ethanol by growing algae that produces sugar that then can be made into ethanol. The process also absorbs CO2 from the atmosphere as an input:

Remarkable advantages of the system are total elimination of any need for either food crop or cellulosic raw material and ability to use non arable land where saltwater is reasonably available. Treated manure is among sources of nutrients. The process does not sequester CO2 but rather consumes CO2 which is drawn from the atmosphere. 1.5 million tons of CO2 are consumed per 100 million gallons of ethanol. The process can intake industrial CO2 such as from fossil fired electric utilities to enhance efficiency of the process.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

That don't sound like a bad idea at all..

as long as they they can do it at a good competitive price.

Sucking up CO2 while doing it is a great thing.

Free up some of the corn to fatten up my steaks. :D

Posted Image

Treated manure is among sources of nutrients.

So... my car will truly become a shist burner? <sigh> :(

I don't expect the exhaust note to change, but the smell...

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

How does it taste with tonic water?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived