CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Huge Oil Leak

newbold1

You are lucky that your fuel rail did not burst. That recall took place quite some time ago.

I am still surprised that they did not replace the main bearings. This was a Cadillac dealer?

I am glad you are happy with the repair, Mike

Yes, it was Andrews Cadillac in Brentwood, TN. They seem like decent people. The tech that I spoke to at length describing the problem that I was having wrote down everything that I said and thanked me for giving her a lot of information to go on. Then, she offered me a loaner car to keep until the work was done. Since this isn't my daily driver I didn't take a loaner... let someone else who needs it more have it instead. Every day she called me at about 4pm to let me know the status of the car. She had offered for me to come to the shop to look under the car on the lift so that they could show me exactly what they had found. They seemed so forthright with me and since I really wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway I took her word for it and let them do the job they quoted me. Once I gave them the green light to do the work it was done and ready for me to pick up in just two days. I didn't even have an appointment when I dropped it off.

I think that their customer service was really great. I appreciated that I didn't have to keep calling them for a status but instead they made sure to call me everyday until the car was done. I don't know if I've ever had that happen that way before.

Glad to hear the good experience you had with the dealer. That is the way they should take care of a customer. Nice

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Britt,

We have the enviromental fees down here in Texas also.

Anytime you get your oil changed... they tack on about $5 bucks for the enviromental fee.

I think it is suppesed to help pay for the disposal of the old oil... or something like that. :D

What it REALLY IS ... is just another way for the darn state to tax you. :(

But without actually calling it a tax.

Jim,

I lived in the Temple/Belton area of Central Texas from 1984 to 1991 & suffered through the governorship of Ann Richards. I've always thought that Texas was improved after she left office.

Anyway, when did they pass the environmental fee for used oil? Do you have to pay it if you change your own oil?

(Sorry for HiJacking the thread! ;-)

Britt

Britt

I lived in the Temple/Belton area of Central Texas from 1984 to 1991 & suffered through the governorship of Ann Richards. I've always thought that Texas was improved after she left office.

Ann Richards and Molly Ivins were quite a team. They defined the phrase "left of Lyndon".

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Ann Richards and Molly Ivins were quite a team. They defined the phrase "left of Lyndon".

OMG!! Molly Ivins!!! I have endeavored for YEARS to erase that :wacko: "person" from my memory cells!!

Both Molly and Ann were adept at :bsmeter:

I'm sorry that Molly & Ann are gone, but let's just say that I morn the passing of some people a lot less than others. :mellow:

I wonder, did she drive a Cadillac, or a Volvo?

(trying to get this discussion back on track here) :P

Britt

Britt

I wish I knew to ask about replacing the mains before the work was done. I just don't know enough about the mechanics to be aware of these things. I honestly couldn't tell you what the mian bearings are without someone describing them to me in greater detail. Had they been done with this job what would that have likely added to the price? Just curious.

Absolutely it would have added to the price, but I would not worry about it. I recall the Guru saying that the bearings will last for ever. He NEVER advised replacing them when doing the head gaskets.

Absolutely it would have added to the price, but I would not worry about it. I recall the Guru saying that the bearings will last for ever. He NEVER advised replacing them when doing the head gaskets.

Well, that's good to know. I'd hate to think that I missed a good opportunity to take care of something that may be needed down the road.

It's been another day and still not a single drop of oil to be found on the ground. :D It looks like the job was done right. Everything must have been put back together right because the car is driving great.

Anyway, when did they pass the environmental fee for used oil? Do you have to pay it if you change your own oil?

(Sorry for HiJacking the thread! ;-)

Britt

Don't remember when they passed it.

You only pay it if you have the oil changed... Not if you do it yourself.

Posted Image

Look at the bright side, you now have a nice coat of oil all over the place that will help to keep rust away. ;)

:lol:

Archived