CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Rear Door Module problems! I think

Winters

Hi All ,New to this forum

My 2000 Dts, power window .lock and heated seat stopped working on the left rear door.The window and lock will not work from the drivers master switch as well. And the lock will not work from the remote key fob. All other doors are working fine.

Any ideas as to whats going on. I am thinking its the left rear door module. Does the module control all those features.

Any help would be great

The door module is the point where every control and function that is part of the door gets married to the rest of the vehicle. Since it appears that the door and the rest of the vehicle are not communicating, it could be a corroded-loose connector, or worse case a failed module. You could swap the module from the other rear door as a test.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I wold start by running the OBD II codes. Here's how:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

With the guidance of knowing what is wrong as discernible from the on-board computers, I would start looking. It does look like the network wire to the LR module isn't connected to that module, or that the module doesn't have power, or is otherwise not operating. The connectors give trouble a lot more often than the modules themselves. If so, cleaning the connectors and switching the modules as JimD says may fix both rear quadrants.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Just disconnected, connector to the left rear power window switch, rear seat heating and cigarette lighter at left rear door and windows and locks are now working from drivers master switch. Locks are now also working from remote key fob.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new here. just got my 1st Caddy last week.

I had the exact same problem as you. I pulled the door panel, ready to replace the module and noticed 2 broken wires at the door jam. Also had 2 or 3 with the insulation torn.

After some research, here and on the Net, I found that this is very common. Note the way the harness has to bend at one point, behind the panel.

Saved myself $120 for the module, hope this helps.

I had the exact same problem as you. I pulled the door panel, ready to replace the module and noticed 2 broken wires at the door jam. Also had 2 or 3 with the insulation torn.

After some research, here and on the Net, I found that this is very common. Note the way the harness has to bend at one point, behind the panel.

HP480,

Thanks for the report of what fixed your problem.

Maybe that will now help someone else.

Posted Image

About a year ago...saw a post on the net asking about harness problems with 2000 and newer Deville doors (flex breakage kind of stuff).

I reported that I had not heard of that specfic issue as being a common problem.

My 2001 gets plenty of use of the back doors. Plenty of miles. I have not had any problems with the harness.

Now if you want to talk about Deville window regulators...the famous 'pop-n-drop' windows..common.

• 10 years later...
On 3/12/2008 at 12:39 PM, HP480 said:

It did help.  I had no functionality to my left rear door.  Spent a few hours trying to figure it out- had primary power and ground.  Ended up removing the harness completely from the door to find two completely broken wires, the primary ground holding on by a single strand, and the rest in pretty bad shape.  Have them all fixed now- find out tomorrow if this restores functionality and clears the U1000 (no communication with body module) code.

Thank you for the tip.  I am terrible at electrical stuff and you enabled me to potentially fix this myself instead of paying the dealer $1100 to find and fix the broken wires.

Broken Wires.jpg

Archived