CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Where to get new throttle body vacuum hoses...

chullend

Hello, and thanks for all the helpful articles. As this is my first post please believe its not my first time here. Heres a question I havent seen addressed here before. I just bought a new throttle body for my 4.9l 92 Eldorado (didnt really need the throttle body but it came with the ISC and TPS, which I needed, and for about the same price those would have cost) but I cant find the little formed vacuum hoses that connect to it. Some are 90 degrees and some are just straight. I am almost certain that when I disconnect the old ones they are going to crack and/or disintegrate. Cant find them at the auto parts stores, GM website, or anywhere else for that matter. Only other option would be a salvage yard but theyre not likely to be in any better condition than what I have. Any help locating new ones or suggestions for saving my old ones would be greatly appreciated.

A similar post was made a couple of weeks ago. Probably a different model year, but I think the answer is still the same.....dealership. In addition, the other post indicated that they weren't cheap, but what else would you expect. :o

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Ditto, that was me that said they were not cheap.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Despite these parts may be not expensive at dealership, you can buy a few feet of a vacuum hose of appropriate diameter from Adavance or whatever parts store. Thats what I did to replace the plastic vacuum lines with cracked elbows.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Despite these parts may be not expensive at dealership, you can buy a few feet of a vacuum hose of appropriate diameter from Adavance or whatever parts store. Thats what I did to replace the plastic vacuum lines with cracked elbows.

I would think, please keep in mind I am no expert, that if you used regular vacuum hose and tried to put it at a 90 degree angle it might kink and restrict air flow. Although, that is an inexpensive option that I may resort to if the dealership price is just outrageous.

I would think, please keep in mind I am no expert, that if you used regular vacuum hose and tried to put it at a 90 degree angle it might kink and restrict air flow. Although, that is an inexpensive option that I may resort to if the dealership price is just outrageous.

It is up to you, but there is plenty of room for the vacuum hoses, so no kinking at all.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Use the appropriate OD copper pipe at the bends.

Fill the copper pipe with sand before you form the bends to prevent the copper from collapsing.

Whatever works.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

You could use brake line for the bends. ADAP and others sell hand-held mandrels for bending bulk brake line that can be used to make small sections of vacuum line.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I recently had to repair a section of windshield washer fluid line on a 1999 Silverado truck. The lines were the molded plastic, very similar (if not identical) to the vacuum lines on most engines. These lines turned out to be very near 1/4" O.D. So using some 1/4" I.D. rubber hose from the car parts store worked perfectly. Just slip the new rubber hoses over the remenants of the old plastic ones and you have a permanent repair....no leaks. Buy small spring clamps if they don't fit tightly.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived